Nintendo switch exclusive Xenoblade Chronicles 2 when undocked is only 368p

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
No. It's built on the Xenoblade chronicles 3ds engine.

Not saying that's an excuse, but it is what it is.

And this is what I was saying before. A lot of recent JRPGs are built with handhelds/mobile in mind so you can see/feel that when playing.

shyts just don't feel/look as polished/complete as other console releases.
Where did you see that? Cause it's wrong

This quote is from the executive director of the game himself

The ease or speed of developing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 stems a lot from our having already created this architecture with Xenoblade Chronicles X. The game portion of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is kind of overlaid on top of that fundamental architecture. I think that made the biggest contribution to why development went so fast. And in terms of Switch versus Wii U, another point is that we’ve only had to deal with one screen, so that also has made development a little bit easier.

And so to add to that, both at Nintendo and at Monolith, we wanted to have a major large-scale roleplaying game early in the Switch’s lifecycle. We thought about how we might accomplish that, and we wanted to do the same thing with the Wii U. But the development for Xenoblade Chronicles X was a little bit difficult, and that’s why it ended up being released a little bit later in the Wii U’s cycle. So we had a postmortem and tried to think ‘How can we deliver this at an earlier stage in the console’s lifecycle?’
Why Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Has A Tetsuya Nomura Character

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D was a downgraded version of the original Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii. Why the hell would they use that engine. The custom engine they built for Xenoblade Chronicles X was specifically made for HD games, that's why it's been used here.

And I agree it's unpolished. That's why I said it was rushed

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
Switch owners ain't concerned with frame rates like you Xbots.:umad:
Own more than 1 console breh. :umad:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Where did you see that? Cause it's wrong

This quote is from the executive director of the game himself

Why Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Has A Tetsuya Nomura Character

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D was a downgraded version of the original Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii. Why the hell would they use that engine. The custom engine they built for Xenoblade Chronicles X was specifically made for HD games, that's why it's been used here.

And I agree it's unpolished. That's why I said it was rushed
My bad. That's what I thought I read somewhere.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its a meaty jrpg on the switch and its a xeno game.

Most people play games on the switch for the gameplay and portability

unlike the ps4 and xbx1 graphics dont matter.

The game does look like a ps2 game tho, rendered background and all. But its real good once you get a couple hours in.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Its a meaty jrpg on the switch and its a xeno game.

Most people play games on the switch for the gameplay and portability

unlike the ps4 and xbx1 graphics dont matter.

The game does look like a ps2 game tho, rendered background and all. But its real good once you get a couple hours in.
Graphics aren't important in terms of sheer power but presentation certainly matters.
The game looks muddy as shyt in portable mode. That's bad and needs to be fixed. It doesn't look like a PS2 game, it looks like I'm playing a Switch game on a 1990 Zenith CRT. The bright and colorful art style makes it worse cause everything looks so mutes and dull in handheld

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Switch owners ain't concerned with frame rates like you Xbots.:umad:
Own more than 1 console breh. :umad:
I know you want attention right, but at least make sense when making meaningless post :sitdown: you show me where I was talking about frame rates or graphics :snoop:

Y'all don't care about graphics he says :bryan: So then breath of the wild was praised because of how it....uh huh, let's play dumb, then let's pull up those receipts :stopitslime:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
BOTW GOTY:umad:
You are saying that because of how good it looks right? Go check the botw thread and that will be the common theme. If you look at the negative comments about the game people are now saying it's not as good as they once thought. After the graphics stop wowing you it's up to the gameplay. Zelda usually doesn't hold up as well in that department in most gamers opinions (not mine, I love Zelda still including skyward sword which most didn't love because of the reasons I'm touching on now) so in conclusion, you are the graphics whore and :umad:

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
You are saying that because of how good it looks right?
:umad:Naw the graphics ain't fukking with shyt like GTA V or UC4 and that ain't why. I love BOTW cause it's fun af and you can get lost in it for hours doing all types of shyt. Same with Mario Odyssey.

You need to get yourself a Switch breh.:umad:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
:umad:Naw the graphics ain't fukking with shyt like GTA V or UC4 and that ain't why. I love BOTW cause it's fun af and you can get lost in it for hours doing all types of shyt. Same with Mario Odyssey.

You need to get yourself a Switch breh.:umad:
Both games look fantastic, you lying for what bruh? So now those games don't look great? You saying Mario has gameplay isn't news bruh, so you want quotes directly from the botw thread? I'm sure you will be there being a graphics who're too :umad:

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
Both games look fantastic, you lying for what bruh? So now those games don't look great?
:umad:You said BOTW is only good because of the graphics which is false and you haven't played it OR Odyssey to know. :umad:
:umad:You can only post about Switch graphics you seen on yt. Play the games.
Keep trolling Switch. :umad:You already lost the PS4 war.

Last edited:

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
fukk this game btw.:umad:Switch set got better games.

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
:umad:You said BOTW is only good because of the graphics which is false and you haven't played it OR Odyssey to know. :umad:
:umad:You can only post about Switch graphics you seen on yt. Play the games.
Keep trolling Switch. :umad:You already lost the PS4 war.
How do you know what games I've played, did you ask or in the midst of being exposed you toss out any thought that comes to mind and hope it sticks :umad:

I didn't say it was only graphics that made botw a good game, but graphics or art styles go a long way in a games popularity. Killzone says hi..

From beyond the grave :yeshrug:

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
How do you know what games I've played, did you ask or in the midst of being exposed you toss out any thought that comes to mind and hope it sticks :umad:

I didn't say it was only graphics that made botw a good game, but graphics or art styles go a long way in a games popularity. Killzone says hi..

From beyond the grave :yeshrug:
Oh so now you have a Switch.:usure:Or I guess you mean you played in store demos.

:umad: Maybe it'll get a price drop one day for your broke ass.

Last edited:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
want this game but not badly enough to deal with performance issues