Nintendo is scamming again

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I've never understood the appeal of amiibos and I'm not gonna buy that shyt just to unlock a feature in a game.

It's easy to write your own amiibo tags using a phone if you wanna scam em back, I've been doing it since I got the system.

:yeshrug:

I think 99% of the time the in-game features are pretty meaningless. Altho I do enjoy purchasing and collecting them. Most of them aren't that expensive. Compare to anime figures and others similar to them that get sold for $75+. The average amiibo is $15. With that being said I will never buy one above the retail price that is silly.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think 99% of the time the in-game features are pretty meaningless. Altho I do enjoy purchasing and collecting them. Most of them aren't that expensive. Compare to anime figures and others similar to them that get sold for $75+. The average amiibo is $15. With that being said I will never buy one above the retail price that is silly.

I think the figures themselves are dope, i would buy a few just to have as collectors items. I think tying in games features to them is lame, especially when tehy are not only limited but for a game like this thats already fully priced and over 10 years old already.

Ratchet and clank and Psychonauts just got a ton of accessibility options that are pretty much god mode/debug menus. Why is NIntendo charging kids for fast travel? It’s like something they actually took time and resources to program into the game, and they held it off for an additional purchase.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fast travel aka save states aren't for people trying to play through the real game anyway.

There's no part in the storyline which requires you to pause mid battle and teleport to a safe spot for more health or potions.

And this Zelda isn't like botw where you can run minimal and make it to the last boss.

You have to get your sword and shield, have to speak to multiple characters and do mini quests, have to earn the additional weapons like the bow and hook shot all in a specific order or you cannot progress through the game.

So the only reason you are playing with fast travel is because you fukked up and are getting beat and don't have enough hearts to win. Which you could either get your sticks up or be forced to lose then walk back. You don't lose any items when you die, so it's not a big deal.

shyt if you like gta or immortal Felix rising but don't want to do certain missions or quests they should charge you $5 and you can skip the quest. All games should have that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Fast travel aka save states aren't for people trying to play through the real game anyway.

There's no part in the storyline which requires you to pause mid battle and teleport to a safe spot for more health or potions.

And this Zelda isn't like botw where you can run minimal and make it to the last boss.

You have to get your sword and shield, have to speak to multiple characters and do mini quests, have to earn the additional weapons like the bow and hook shot all in a specific order or you cannot progress through the game.

So the only reason you are playing with fast travel is because you fukked up and are getting beat and don't have enough hearts to win. Which you could either get your sticks up or be forced to lose then walk back. You don't lose any items when you die, so it's not a big deal.

shyt if you like gta or immortal Felix rising but don't want to do certain missions or quests they should charge you $5 and you can skip the quest. All games should have that.

There’s still not a good reason not to include the feature, this is a game still targeted towards people of all ages. Just like R&C and Psychonauts, who cares if there’s cheats? They don’t mind giving it to you if you spend the money.

It’s pretty much hiding an accessibility option behind another purchase which is lame

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s still not a good reason not to include the feature, this is a game still targeted towards people of all ages. Just like R&C and Psychonauts, who cares if there’s cheats? They don’t mind giving it to you if you spend the money.

It’s pretty much hiding an accessibility option behind another purchase which is lame

It's not a necessary feature. If you want it, buy it. You aren't losing anything by having it.

You aren't buying amiibos for the features. You're buying them to collect. The features are just a perk. Not anything that drastically changes gameplay or provides any advantages.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's not a necessary feature. If you want it, buy it. You aren't losing anything by having it.

You aren't buying amiibos for the features. You're buying them to collect. The features are just a perk. Not anything that drastically changes gameplay or provides any advantages.

so what is Nintendo losing by not including it with the game?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so what is Nintendo losing by not including it with the game?

They aren't losing anything, nor is the perk game changing.

Have you played skyward sword?

You start out and have to get the sword and shield, then the bow, then bombs, then boomerang, you have to do this in order a,b,c,d,e etc. You can't skip or go out of order.

The only thing you can forgo or skip or miss are heart pieces and maybe an extra bottle...maybe an upgrade for your bomb bag or arrows....which you buy with rupees.

If you block and parry you won't lose to bosses and enemies...so where are you traversing to?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

You start out and have to get the sword and shield, then the bow, then bombs, then boomerang, you have to do this in order a,b,c,d,e etc. You can't skip or go out of order.

The only thing you can forgo or skip or miss are heart pieces and maybe an extra bottle...maybe an upgrade for your bomb bag or arrows....which you buy with rupees.

If you block and parry you won't lose to bosses and enemies...so where are you traversing to?

I assume the same place you are traversing to when you have the Amiibo?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I assume the same place you are traversing to when you have the Amiibo?

Which are the exact same places you can traverse to by going to the goddess statues...which you can walk to.

The functionality of just being able to push pause then fast travel is not a game changing feature.

People are complaining like they are losing out or missing out. You aren't buying that perk, you are buying a collectable item which will appreciate in value. I'm pretty sure they discontinued some of the day 1 amiibos already and if you want to buy them you have to pay least 2x of what they were in stores.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan