Nintendo direct is supposedly June 18th, and FIRE *(06/18 7AM PT)

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
These funboys about to be falling over themselves to get a console less powerful than my microwave next year. I remember when Nintendo tried to compete with the big dogs, what happened to the game I love :mjcry:
Well I mean it was all going well with the NES and SNES. But with the N64 and Gamecube Sony stomped them in the console department with the PS1 & PS2. Nintendo could continue to fight by having the best hardware, but rather they found their own lane. Handheld game has been Nintendo's bread & butter, and it has sold better and more consistently than anything besides the Wii. (Which was a fluke sales since it relied too much on the casual fanbase too much which bit them in the ass when the Wii U dropped.)

Their goal starting in the Wii era was to create a hybrid console that we have with the Switch. Is it frustrating that some games don't run as well as you know it could? Yes. At this point I look at the switch as a handheld rather than a home console if I had to pick between the two. So I don't really compare what they are doing like I would with Microsoft and Sony because they are not going for the same thing.

This still doesn't excuse the lazy ports like you saw with DKCR, which literally looks like an upscaled version of the Wii game. That shyt is shameless. And they needed stronger hardware for 3 years now, which imo has been available for them to put out. But they want to milk the switch for as long as it can.

Like I mentioned previously ever since the new dude took over as president, Nintendo's greed is the worst that it ever has been so far.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Well I mean it was all going well with the NES and SNES. But with the N64 and Gamecube Sony stomped them in the console department with the PS1 & PS2. Nintendo could continue to fight by having the best hardware, but rather they found their own lane. Handheld game has been Nintendo's bread & butter, and it has sold better and more consistently than anything besides the Wii. (Which was a fluke sales since it relied too much on the casual fanbase too much which bit them in the ass when the Wii U dropped.)

Their goal starting in the Wii era was to create a hybrid console that we have with the Switch. Is it frustrating that some games don't run as well as you know it could? Yes. At this point I look at the switch as a handheld rather than a home console if I had to pick between the two. So I don't really compare what they are doing like I would with Microsoft and Sony because they are not going for the same thing.

This still doesn't excuse the lazy ports like you saw with DKCR, which literally looks like an upscaled version of the Wii game. That shyt is shameless. And they needed stronger hardware for 3 years now, which imo has been available for them to put out. But they want to milk the switch for as long as it can.

Like I mentioned previously ever since the new dude took over as president, Nintendo's greed is the worst that it ever has been so far.

Thats the thing. Even as a portable console its ass. I got a switch a few years ago to play xenoblade and FE on the go.

the amount of downgrade between ported and mobile was downright criminal :picard:

The deck is literally 5x the handheld the switch is

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
only really interested in the Zelda game, MP4 (which was already announced), and the Dragon Quest remakes (which I'll get on PC)

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
So you saying another tired ass mario and luigi game, tech demo zelda and prime means this is a better showcase than the ms shyt?

Keep in mind as much as people clown about no release dates for sony/ms metroid prime got announced like what +5 years ago? And it looks like that? Not a peep from Nintendo stans.

Nintendo truly are the goats of this shyt. They can churn out these mid shyts like the mario n luigi joan with ease, give it a firm release date cuz the shyt probably been done for years :mjlol: stans act like its the second coming.

I cant wait till the switch 2 is worse hardware than a deck
You're not even bother to hide your bias by try to communicate these reveals as underwhelming.

For the record, no, I actually think MS had the better showcase, but Nintendo still came through built some serious hype with three titles (and SE's Dragon Quest announcement) that nobody saw coming because everyone thought support would end in the fall with the Switch 2 coming out in the Spring.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You're not even bother to hide your bias by try to communicate these reveals as underwhelming.

For the record, no, I actually think MS had the better showcase, but Nintendo still came through built some serious hype with three titles (and SE's Dragon Quest announcement) that nobody saw coming because everyone thought support would end in the fall with the Switch 2 coming out in the Spring.

OFC I'm biased. everyone has a bias :mjlol:

Remasters of some of the most ancient archaic jrpgs. oh joy.