Nintendo Are Scum Man

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn't change the fact that the game is maybe 2 years old and actually playable on the PS5 with the same disc. It's also industry standard practice at this point lead be Microsoft and others to allow such upgrades to be free to previous owners.

Skyward Sword wasn't available on the Switch at all. This is the first time it's been made reavailable in almost a decade. Yes it's at a premium price but It doesn't compare to what was done with Spiderman. Gears 5 does though. That absolutely is a "fukk you pay me" moment from Sony.

Thing is you're given options tho yah know ?

If you've got a ps5, you don't have to upgrade to this edition of the game.
I'd argue that the base spiderman game with ps4 pro upgrades at 1440p is MORE than
good enough and is pound for pound one of the best looking games out there.
And if you're going from ps4 to ps5, then you immediately get those benefits in image quality that you
otherwise wouldn't have.
The $20 remastered edition with ray tracing, improved graphics, 60 fps etc. isn't just a marginal upgrade
it's damn near transformative and if you never owned the game in the first place you're getting all of it's
content at a higher resolution, higher framerate and with additional bells and whistles that not only
weren't in the original version but it'll have features which weren't even possible on ps4/pro, no matter the amount of optimization.

I'm only saying that to say Sony's program as far as immediate forward capability or even patches is weaker than Microsoft's
this is obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes but Nintendo's strategy not only doesn't exist and it requires purchasing
the same games at what I'd consider a premium for marginal improvements.

There are too many games from yesteryear that have been brought into 2021/2020/2019 that completely
smoke their original conception to the point that I think a hardcore Nintendo fan isn't being totally genuine
when they say "This is okay" and they're essentially receiving the same game with little if anything added to it.

I'm trying to be partial because I own all of these machines and see benefits in all of them and I think I'm not being
to harsh in my judgement of Nintendo.

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn't change the fact that the game is maybe 2 years old and actually playable on the PS5 with the same disc. It's also industry standard practice at this point lead be Microsoft and others to allow such upgrades to be free to previous owners.

Skyward Sword wasn't available on the Switch at all. This is the first time it's been made reavailable in almost a decade. Yes it's at a premium price but It doesn't compare to what was done with Spiderman. Gears 5 does though. That absolutely is a "fukk you pay me" moment from Sony.

Problem is, your approach of "the market will decide" doesn't really support Microsoft (or, anyone at this time, really) having an industry standard on remasters/upgrades. Microsoft is handing out stuff for free because they're not working from an advantageous position, and are focused on converting to the service model for the XBox division. Sony largely seems to be making it up as they go, since they took the leadership in the market last generation. Nintendo does whatever they want because they know they're catering to a specific audience.

Speaking for myself, and maybe a good portion of the gaming community, the cost of the remake/reissue just has to be justified by the product.

On top of that, I've learned from the gaming industry's own past that if the game's over two years old, based on the release cycle (initial release plus deluxe/season pass, Definitive/Complete/Game of the Year edition a year later to get back to $60 price point, etc) you can expect any reissue to be $30-40 minimum. Whether it's actually worth that much depends on the game.

For example, getting Spider-Man with all the DLC plus the upgrades in the remaster is easily worth the extra $20 it costs tacked on to Miles Morales.

What the problem seems to be for some of these remasters Nintendo is putting out is that they're launching at $60 with the bare minimum in improvements, and protecting them from any serious price drops. That's not exactly ideal.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Thing is you're given options tho yah know ?

If you've got a ps5, you don't have to upgrade to this edition of the game.
I'd argue that the base spiderman game with ps4 pro upgrades at 1440p is MORE than
good enough and is pound for pound one of the best looking games out there.
And if you're going from ps4 to ps5, then you immediately get those benefits in image quality that you
otherwise wouldn't have.
The $20 remastered edition with ray tracing, improved graphics, 60 fps etc. isn't just a marginal upgrade
it's damn near transformative and if you never owned the game in the first place you're getting all of it's
content at a higher resolution, higher framerate and with additional bells and whistles that not only
weren't in the original version but it'll have features which weren't even possible on ps4/pro, no matter the amount of optimization.

I'm only saying that to say Sony's program as far as immediate forward capability or even patches is weaker than Microsoft's
this is obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes but Nintendo's strategy not only doesn't exist and it requires purchasing
the same games at what I'd consider a premium for marginal improvements.

There are too many games from yesteryear that have been brought into 2021/2020/2019 that completely
smoke their original conception to the point that I think a hardcore Nintendo fan isn't being totally genuine
when they say "This is okay" and they're essentially receiving the same game with little if anything added to it.

I'm trying to be partial because I own all of these machines and see benefits in all of them and I think I'm not being
to harsh in my judgement of Nintendo.
I own Spiderman on PS4. Why do I need to upgrade to get that stuff when they had to do it for Miles Morales anyway? Are we saying that's not the same engine and city? I elected not to pay for the upgrade and left it at that.

As for Zelda I own it on the Wii. I have zero plans of hooking the Wii back up and completing the game I played maybe 1/3 of back then. It's a decade old game from an SD system. They did decent work on it to port it to the Switch and make the motion controls optional. I'll pay what they ask. Would be nicer if it was cheaper but I'm willing to pay a premium to get it on the Switch.

The market will decide if Nintendo is ok doing what they are or not. If the game comes out and flops it'll end up in the bargain bin like Captain Toad.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
Nintendo being anti-consumer is a widely known thing in the community. Even the people who are sponsored by Nintendo acknowledge it.

Idk why nikkas fight it here. These elusive memes aren’t exposing nothing

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Who cares about joy-con drift when y ou can get these joints in blue, already scalped.

AAegfCAABgKK.jpg