Nintendo 64 Classic may be on its way, trademark reveals

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Not many games i would go back and play on the 64 right now. 64 was the pinnacle of the local multiplayer era. Im 28 now. Im not getting together with 3 other nikkas and playing no mercy or goldeneye anymore,

Hit me up when they drop the cube classic though. :wow:

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
Nah...it was more powerful than the PS1...there were some games that had space limitations due to CD vs Cartridge but it definitely was more graphically powerful than ps1
I think that is what makes the n64 so amazing and complicated hardware wise. I think the average game size was like 12 MB but they compressed everything. The hardware is still hard to clone but we are glad that this new system should be much easy for cloners and for those who like hack things. The most important thing is the software emulation on this mini. The emulation for PC has improved in the past year and it will get much better.
i hope we see a jailbreak so we can install WWF no mercy and a English edition of Virutal pro wrestling. I wonder if we can install mods as well - that would be nice.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Not many games i would go back and play on the 64 right now. 64 was the pinnacle of the local multiplayer era. Im 28 now. Im not getting together with 3 other nikkas and playing no mercy or goldeneye anymore,

Hit me up when they drop the cube classic though. :wow:

Being able to plug in 4 controllers was the best! Those wrestling game sessions and all the competive mario games like super smash, mario kart, mario tennis...holy crap awesome memories that the new gen will never recapture

born of fire

sherri martel stan account
Supporter
Daps
good cause trying to play a 64 game now is :hhh:
graphics aged horribly

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
good cause trying to play a 64 game now is :hhh:
graphics aged horribly
composite video cables were the most used cables.
now a days, people are modding their n64 systems to 1080p. when you used those old cables, it the video output was in 240p. with this HDMI mod, not only it is in 1080p but you also get to add software modifications to make the video 100x times better.
here is a video

im glad we are going to a n64 mini in HD.. let's hope for a better controller ..

Last edited:

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How are the n64 emulators nowadays? I have a modded OG Xbox and only some of the games would play without glitches

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
source: Nintendo 64 Classic may be on its way, trademark reveals

JapaneseNintendo spotted a trademark application that covers both the controllers and software for the 1996 game console. Actually, it's technically the second 64-bit console trademark the company's filed recently -- last summer, Nintendo filed a graphical trademark for an icon depicting the N64's iconic three-pronged controller in the same style as the NES Classic logo.

@Art Barr , we gonna see a WWF No Mercy or a English version of Virtual Pro Wrestling 2?

I hope they upgrade the controller and make it bluetooth with no lag and has built in rumble pack with memory for game saves.

Lets hope the emulation is spot on and it is their own code

i look forward to a N64 connected to a HD tv. it's about time.

and yes, a jailbreak would be nice so we can have all the games on it - computer hackers are dope.
N64 was 480p. It wouldn't of looked any clearer on a HDTV. In fact because those consoles used an analogue signal you'll need to play it on a CRT TV or a PC monitor with minimal input lag to match that of the CRT TV. A HDTV is converting the signal which is why it is hard to play old games on modern TV sets.

I still have mine with all my original games. :blessed:

I'll buy one of these for my nephew though. :wow:

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
I still have mine with all my original games. :blessed:
I lost or majority of my games got stolen i believe when i was young :wow:

i am down to 2 games and 1 controller.

I thought about getting a HDMI mod + an Ever Drive but i would rather wait for this Mini Console.

On top of that, we still have PC emulation so i am saving more money.

I can't wait for a way to play No Mercy and have Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 (Patched with the English translation) with some mods on this system.

Let's hope Nintendo has a decent software emulation for this thing so we can have a proper jailbreak system on this.

Let's hope that cloners are willing to upgrade this system for us too..

Also, we need the controllers to be upgraded like the joystick and it needs to have a rumble support built in along with memory saving :hubie:

Pre order sales will probably last for 5 minutes i would assume when it gets dropped :mjlol:

best of luck for those who want to make money off of this:lolbron:

ps: I wonder if are able to have Gameshark enabled on this :ohhh:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
I lost or majority of my games got stolen i believe when i was young :wow:

i am down to 2 games and 1 controller.

I thought about getting a HDMI mod + an Ever Drive but i would rather wait for this Mini Console.

On top of that, we still have PC emulation so i am saving more money.

I can't wait for a way to play No Mercy and have Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 (Patched with the English translation) with some mods on this system.

Let's hope Nintendo has a decent software emulation for this thing so we can have a proper jailbreak system on this.

Let's hope that cloners are willing to upgrade this system for us too..

Also, we need the controllers to be upgraded like the joystick and it needs to have a rumble support built in along with memory saving :hubie:

Pre order sales will probably last for 5 minutes i would assume when it gets dropped :mjlol:

best of luck for those who want to make money off of this:lolbron:

ps: I wonder if are able to have Gameshark enabled on this :ohhh:
:wow: you've read my mind. If they did this it would be a wrap.

Instead of all their novelty mini consoles as of late why haven't they just simply updated the games for their new Switch platform. :picard:

Why can't they just be normal for one console generation. :francis::mjcry:

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
The 64 don't got much I care about that can't be emulated. If they pull up with that GameCube, them shyts will be gone on sight
I missed out on the gamecube era because after the n64 cycle, i decided to go the ps2 route - GTA San Andreas changed my life :ohhh:

what did i miss out on the gamecube era? i am pretty sure the gamecube mini will be launched eventually .. not too sure how the emulation scene is for Gamecube for computers, so i can't comment on that.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
I missed out on the gamecube era because after the n64 cycle, i decided to go the ps2 route - GTA San Andreas changed my life :ohhh:

what did i miss out on the gamecube era? i am pretty sure the gamecube mini will be launched eventually .. not too sure how the emulation scene is for Gamecube for computers, so i can't comment on that.

There was Monkey Ball 1 & Monkey Ball 2 for Gamecube were the most perfect ports from the arcades, Mario Kart Double Dash :to::blessed::wow:is still the crowning Mario Kart in the series, Mario Sunshine:banderas:, Zelda Twilight Princess, Zelda Wind Waker :banderas::banderas::banderas:, Ocarina of Time (Gamecube port), 1080 Avalanche, Star Wars - Rogue Squadron II - Rogue Leader, Star Fox Adventures and Melee:banderas:(still the best Smash Bros title). There were other titles but they were multiplatform and better on PS2 like Def Jam Vendetta and NBA Street Vol. 2 and Vol. 3 etc.

What's dope is that Gamecube games can be played on Wii and Wii U (via softmodding) so no need for emulators as they can be passed directly through the console's hardware as every Nintendo console dating from the NES even till the Wii U (including the handhelds) share the same architecture. So, that means gamecube games can literally be played damn near 1:1 (not emulated) on Wii U because it is essentially the same hardware as all previous consoles just revised.

Instead of using PC emulation get a Wii U and put those same ROMs on a flash drive and play them through the console. That way you can experience it without glitches unlike PC and still use any controller even the Pro Controller which is like the X1X controller.