Nintendo 64 Classic may be on its way, trademark reveals

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This really got me imagining those old FPS games with modern controls. Perfect Dark and Goldeneye with some common sense control schemes and hardware would make them instant purchases if they had even slightly decent online play (online is asking for a miracle though).

Also there's other classics only :flabbynsick: like me could enjoy. Extreme G? OG Turok? OG Duke Nukem 64? Gimme all of that. :ohlawd:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
I still have yet to beat Majora's Mask so yeah I'm down :ehh:
Too hard and scary.:francis::hamster::whoa:

fukk I need to have that damn angry moon etched freshly into my memory again for? :whoa:

I haven't touched that demonic Pagan-esq game since I sold it back to the video game shop I bought it from.:whoa: Don't want that shyt.

When they made that zelda game they were practicing some juju magic :merchant:

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
How have the previous Classic systems turned out? I'm still heated at my parents for donating my N64 :scust:

Are the tiny ass controls a problem? I just wanted Mario 64, Goldeneye, Mario Kart and OoT and I'll be good :wow:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Goldeneye and the AKI wrestling games are licensing nightmares
I don't see those happening :mjcry:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Goldeneye and the AKI wrestling games are licensing nightmares
I don't see those happening :mjcry:
GoldenEye isn't a licensing nightmare because Nintendo never lost the James Bond license. It is Nintendo that won't let GoldenEye appear on other consoles and rightly so.

Also, Nintendo brought AKI games in the mid 00s. They changed their name and just produce shovelware for the 3DS now. I think they were making games for kids solely in Japan. The reason why that team hasn't made a new wrestling game because they are such a cash cow with the kids games in Japan that Nintendo hasn't asked them to do otherwise. I'm sure WWE would licence out their brand to Nintendo if they came calling. WWE also owns WCW so I doubt it would be hard to get the licence back. Capc*nt did it with Marvel within a year and Marvel is outchea in modern times and WWE is no Marvel Comics.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
GoldenEye isn't a licensing nightmare because Nintendo never lost the James Bond license. It is Nintendo that won't let GoldenEye appear on other consoles and rightly so.

Also, Nintendo brought AKI games in the mid 00s. They changed their name and just produce shovelware for the 3DS now. I think they were making games for kids solely in Japan. The reason why that team hasn't made a new wrestling game because they are such a cash cow with the kids games in Japan that Nintendo hasn't asked them to do otherwise. I'm sure WWE would licence out their brand to Nintendo if they came calling. WWE also owns WCW so I doubt it would be hard to get the licence back. Capc*nt did it with Marvel within a year and Marvel is outchea in modern times and WWE is no Marvel Comics.
Well damn. If they manage to get those games on there, I'd buy that shyt in a blink

Edit: Weren't AKI or that team somewhat involved in the Def Jam games??

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Well damn. If they manage to get those games on there, I'd buy that shyt in a blink

Edit: Weren't AKI or that team somewhat involved in the Def Jam games??
exact same dev team. The last wrestling game they made was an Ultimate Muscle anime wrestling game for GameCube in like 2004/05 or something. Apparently that game wasn't received well and they stopped making wrestling games all together.:mjcry:

WWF No Mercy and 007: GoldenEye are two games with online support would just crush the game. :banderas:

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown

You're on the right track, but it's not that simple. 2k owns the WWE license. They would have to be the ones to agree to let Nintendo use it. On top of that, I believe someone would have to pay all of the old wrestlers for using their likenesses within the game. Nobody is trying to do that lol

That's why I was saying a few posts earlier that it's not gonna happen.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Mario 64, Mariokart 64, Mario Party 1-3, Smash Bros, Zelda OoT, Zelda MM, Starfox 64, F-Zero X, Kirby 64, Excitebike 64, Paper Mario, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Sin and Punishment, Ogre Battle 64, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap, Pilotwings 64, 1080, Wave Race 64...

I mean, leaving aside all of Rare and 3rd party titles, shyt ain't bad. The couch multiplayer would be second to none at least