Nigerian billionaire's daughter on her plans to become the next Rihanna

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
:snoop: Does this really require an explanation? Most sub-Saharan African countries were ruled by Europeans as recently as 50 years ago and many of the media/communication institutions they set up are mainstays today. Saying shyt like Africans control their media is incredibly naive especially when neo-colonial influences are taken into account.

Oh here we go with the "they ruled over us a long time ago" rhetoric :russ:

If you read up on many African countries economic standings, you'd know that most of them have taken back significant control over most of their economy FOH! African leaders CHOOSE to allow those telecom corps into their countries.

The White man ain't the reason why Black Africans and Black Americans are alien to each other. Believe it or not, we aren't the same and every Black person aint immediate family.

:snoop:

are you really serious right now breh ? Are you ?

I won't even go into this but basically what @Greenstrings and @J-Nice said.

As serious as you when you go in every thread claiming Africans are impotent humans whose every flaw is due to The White Man

Canon

Veteran
Daps
WTF this shyt got me furious, If anyone ever told me any shyt like this in real life I don't know how I'd react
mi3.gif
the fact that they put up with that shyt because he is white is comical

fukk em they deserve it:yeshrug:

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
You know who sold control over their media corps? African leaders. You know who has to cut on a television show or listen to a rap album? Africans. Quit with the BS rhetoric of Africans being some helpless creatures hooked up to some mind control shyt like it's Clockwork Orange :russ:

We see differences because there are differences :yeshrug:

No one is calling Africans mindless or saying that they aren't in control of their own destiny. Your feelings on this aren't going to change the fact that Africans are watching European and American media and are using the imported media as a way to shape their perceptions of Americans and African Americans. Truth is, Africans don't control a significant part of their media. Foreign interests coupled with the State do. Heck, China has began to buy a significant part of it.

No one is saying that it won't change or that they are inferior because of it. We are just pointing out the realities of the situation over there.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Truth is, Africans don't control a significant part of their media. Foreign interests coupled with the State do. Heck, China has began to buy a significant part of it.

You want to bet all your coli cash that Black African leaders are the ones who negotiate and sell contracts to telecom corporations in most African nations?

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
You want to bet all your coli cash that Black African leaders are the ones who negotiate and sell contracts to telecom corporations in most African nations?

I don't care about Coli Cash as I don't do anything with it. But I'm trying to understand your view point and how you believe that the media in Africa that is being shown to Africans doesn't shape their perceptions? What happens when you sell a good or a service?

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't care about Coli Cash as I don't do anything with it. But I'm trying to understand your view point and how you believe that the media in Africa that is being shown to Africans doesn't shape their perceptions? What happens when you sell a good or a service?
I think dude is trolling at this point or a new kinda koon (if he's black).

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I don't care about Coli Cash as I don't do anything with it. But I'm trying to understand your view point and how you believe that the media in Africa that is being shown to Africans doesn't shape their perceptions. What happens when you sell a good or a service?

The reality is that culture > skin tone.

They choose to sell their interest. I could care less what their media shows African Americans as being like, we are not the same. Even if they saw us in a positive light, we would still see them as different because they are different, vice versa.

Bringing "The White Man" up is the same cop-out people like you constantly use. You Pan-Africanist kumbaya ass nikkas too funny.

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
Oh here we go with the "they ruled over us a long time ago" rhetoric :russ:

If you read up on many African countries economic standings, you'd know that most of them have taken back significant control over most of their economy FOH! African leaders CHOOSE to allow those telecom corps into their countries.

The White man ain't the reason why Black Africans and Black Americans are alien to each other. Believe it or not, we aren't the same and every Black person aint immediate family.

As serious as you when you go in every thread claiming Africans are impotent humans whose every flaw is due to The White Man

You mean to tell me that African leaders from political parties put into power by Europeans, that are dependent on Aid and Investment from Europe, sold national industries to Europeans, knowing that they lacked or had squandered the domestic infrastructure and political credibility needed to provide and maintain these vital services for their populations? :ohhh:

Please tell me more things I haven't read up on about African countries. :ohhh:

I wasn't addressing that. Your conception of this "divide" is basic either way. A Zimbabwean is as alien to a Cameroonian as a Ghanaian is to an African American. The whole thing is largely overblown as most black Africans and black Americans get along just fine regardless of cultural differences.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
this is the epitome of the African broads i met here in Dallas

they talk more shyt about Black American men than a white bytch in the KKK

fukk this hoe and all like her
True. I met a girl from Dallas that was exactly like this sadly. Shrewd as fukk to a black dude trying to talk to her but would be quick to let a white dude indulge in another bedwrench fantasy.

But when I went to Dallas six years ago, I met my share of sistas who would let your boy holla. Then again, this was in 2008.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You mean to tell me that African leaders from political parties put into power by Europeans, that are dependent on Aid and Investment from Europe, sold national industries to Europeans, knowing that they lacked or had squandered the domestic infrastructure and political credibility needed to provide and maintain these vital services for their populations? :ohhh:

Yeah the same African nations who rejected European contracts for Chinese ones. Those same group of people.

A Zimbabwean is as alien to a Cameroonian as a Ghanaian is to an African American. The whole thing is largely overblown as most black Africans and black Americans get along just fine regardless of cultural differences.

We do?

I'd say we can occupy the same space and co-exist but you're a damn lie if you're trying to claim that Africans and Black Americans are on some Pan-African shyt. You're the one arguing that White men create the divide, not me, remember that.