NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... Official Thread Release date 4/23

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
They basically made two games, Nier Gestalt and Nier Replicant. Replicant was for the japanese audience about the brother and sister and Gestalt to appeal was for the west.

Both games are canon, sort of.

So between those two games, was it only the story that was slightly altered or was the entire game different, from cast of characters to locations, bosses, etc.?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I like how you had to make sure it wasn’t a remake of the timed ps4 exclusive before revealing your true feelings. :laff:

Naw buddy.

The game is multi platform at this point.

From my perspective there was no point in re-releasing the current gen version and making a big deal about it as it just came out a couple years ago.

Upgrading the OG version to modern graphics/gameplay is a significant change and worth taking about.

I personally would not play or even give a fukk about another automata port. But this news has me intrigued as I never played the OG version.

You tried, but you lost :ufdup:

@Kamikaze Revy, you Nierly had another one.

tumblr_lrcy3mNFei1qa5ui1o2_250.gif

tumblr_lrcy3mNFei1qa5ui1o5_250.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Platinum aint doin this one, its a company called Toylogic

I might be wrong but I thought I read that Platinum was working on the battle mechanics.

They made the same game but made Gestalt for the X360 and Replicant for the PS3 in Japan. Because of Western tastes Square decided to port Gestalt to both consoles in the West.

Gestalt has Nier as the dad while in Replicant, Nier is the brother.

See I can bring console wars into the subject too.

yeah, you know Japan doesn't like to use protagonist in their games over the age of 20.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I might be wrong but I thought I read that Platinum was working on the battle mechanics.

yeah, you know Japan doesn't like to use protagonist in their games over the age of 20.
I just looked it up. Takahisa Taura(from platinum) is managing the battle mechanics to make sure Toylogic don't fukk it up. you right.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
So for someone whose going to play this serie for the first time , what would be the play order ?