NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... Official Thread Release date 4/23

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Seems about right. The story is full of selfishness and hopelessness that makes you think about your previous in-game actions. Most games don't make you feel about what you do. This one does. That is where the high scores come from

The game itself is ok. It does nothing particularly special outside perspective changes and bullet hell sequences.
ya, while it has its problems a proper 2nd play through has you contemplating you actions. most RPGs (even one of my recent favorites persona 5) fall into (rag tag group of kids saves the world). Yoko Taro flips that premise on its head at least

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
im glad you like it. if you can tolerate the bullshyt in act 1 than the rest will be a treat.
Reminder: please please please get alll act 1 weapons or else you will be caught in an endless cycle in route B . you must get alll weapons for C,D,E.(which is mandatory for the full experience of the story)
How many weapons are in act 1? I think I have like 5-6 swords right now.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
finished:final thoughts

score is 7.5 outta 10 yet a must play for jrpg fans

points deducted were for the lack of fast travel(yes im aware of the ship in act 2 yet it still aint an excuse for proper fast travel.

act 1 holds it back a lot
constant back n forth makes it boring
combat is solid. I dunno what they changed but I agree with @Grand Conde when he says its better. on paper it looks the same as automata yet it felt more involved n enjoyable.
act2 route B had repetitiveness but was fire.
im glad this one got a remake/remaster. it falls in between both. aint an FFX remaster but aint enough diff for an FF7R.
story is fire. as a jrpg fan I was happy with the improvements.
can't guarantee it to all. its a game you will either love or despise.
overall I dont regret paying that 60 bucks, or the time spent to get ending A through E. im happy this niche joint got a facelift n look forward to the future.

now, given my number score y'all might assume this a skip but it aint. its a game with some problems but so special I still gotta recommend to play if you into jpgs. its special, flaws n all.

can't judge off of Route A act1
campaign length?

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
campaign length?
I did all sidequests in act 1, skipped most of act 2 sidequests, got all weapons(which are required for ending c,d,and e...do not ignore these) in 1 day, 19 hours, n 17 minutes.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

kbelljr.jpg

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I can definitely see this is one of those depressing "everybody you try to help dies" kind of games, but I shouldn't be surprised considering the franchise. :francis:

Stopped last night just before heading to the Shadowlord's castle, so I think I'm getting closer to the end. I can definitely tell those shades they keep killing are really people or something like that.

please tell me you got the 9 weapons from act 1.

:patrice: I don't think so, I mostly just got the ones the story gave me :yeshrug:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I can definitely see this is one of those depressing "everybody you try to help dies" kind of games, but I shouldn't be surprised considering the franchise. :francis:

Stopped last night just before heading to the Shadowlord's castle, so I think I'm getting closer to the end. I can definitely tell those shades they keep killing are really people or something like that.

:patrice: I don't think so, I mostly just got the ones the story gave me :yeshrug:
Leave shadowlords castle now!

if you dont get all weapons youll stuck in an endless loop of ending B after you finish route A.

theres 9 weapons in act 1.
Nier Replicant guide: Every weapon and where to find them

Ending A unseasoned chicken, Route B is good but will leave you with questions afterward. The real meat of the game is C,D,E