NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... Official Thread Release date 4/23

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I'm nearly done. But apparently I missed the point of no return for 100% all the side quests without realising. :yeshrug:
As long as you got all weapons thats all that matters so you get the endings.

there aint even a trophy for 100%quest completion.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the best magic in this? The hand seems op, blast is solid, as is that absorb thing when you are being attacked by magic yourself.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What's the best magic in this? The hand seems op, blast is solid, as is that absorb thing when you are being attacked by magic yourself.
Dark whirlwind for swarms of enemies, Lance of the late game armored goons. Dark wall will save your life against bosses in the 2nd half

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Bumping my score up to 8/10.

the backtracking is still bad but the characters, story, n soundtrack is so fire i cant give it lower than an 8. One of the only 8/10s i can still call a classic. Take out the backtracking n this is ff6 levels of godlike. Story, soundtrack, n character wise this is above and beyond persona, dragon quest, final fantasy, tales of, Ys, xeno, etc when it comes to jrpgs

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

the backtracking is still bad but the characters, story, n soundtrack is so fire i cant give it lower than an 8. One of the only 8/10s i can still call a classic. Take out the backtracking n this is ff6 levels of godlike. Story, soundtrack, n character wise this is above and beyond persona, dragon quest, final fantasy, tales of, Ys, xeno, etc when it comes to jrpgs
:ohhh:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Haven't played it yet, but calling something an 8/10 a classic just seems off to me. :patrice:

Also, Nier's writing and story have always been significantly stronger then 98% of JRPG's.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Haven't played it yet, but calling something an 8/10 a classic just seems off to me. :patrice:

Also, Nier's writing and story have always been significantly stronger then 98% of JRPG's.
Something can have flaws but be so strong in other areas its a must play:manny:

Halo 2 had a bunch of bugs, broken legendary difficulty, shytty ending, etc yet it’s considered one of the greatest shooters in history.:yeshrug:

All Eyez On Me is full of filler tracks yet it’s considered a classic album:yeshrug:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Something can have flaws but be so strong in other areas its a must play:manny:

Halo 2 had a bunch of bugs, broken legendary difficulty, shytty ending, etc yet it’s considered one of the greatest shooters in history.:yeshrug:

All Eyez On Me is full of filler tracks yet it’s considered a classic album:yeshrug:
Obviously the last 2 are classics.

Imo our views of an 8/10 game is different. Imo it means it’s a good game and a must play if you enjoy the specific genre (here Action JRPG). Also to me a must play is different then a classic. Chrono Trigger is an example of a classic vs DQ 11 which is a must play for JRPG fans. A classic you can always come back to time & time again.

Imo a classic can’t be at worst a 9/10 since there must be issues with the game that impact the experience for the player.

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
bought this day 1 as I was a big fan of automata. gotta say it was disappointing :beli:

still have ending e to get but gonna wait until I feel like doing the whole game over again. with all the hype I heard about the story I expected much better. music and characters were excellent tho.

I honestly regret paying full price for it. should've waited for a discount. automata is better in nearly every way and that shyt's like $20 with dlc included now. hope that new unnamed yoko project really delivers

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Obviously the last 2 are classics.

Imo our views of an 8/10 game is different. Imo it means it’s a good game and a must play if you enjoy the specific genre (here Action JRPG). Also to me a must play is different then a classic. Chrono Trigger is an example of a classic vs DQ 11 which is a must play for JRPG fans. A classic you can always come back to time & time again.

Imo a classic can’t be at worst a 9/10 since there must be issues with the game that impact the experience for the player.
We just gonna have to agree to disagree

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
Aight after finishing E its overall an 8.9 game for me :salute:

Need to play something more light-hearted after this though, so many feels :mjcry:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Aight after finishing E its overall an 8.9 game for me :salute:

Need to play something more light-hearted after this though, so many feels :mjcry:

13-sentinels-ageis-rim-english.original.jpg