NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... Official Thread Release date 4/23

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I loved automata. Is it worth playing this brehs? It seems I'm seeing mixed opinions
if you loved automata you'll like this a lot. its plainly not as good but no one should expect it to be

if you didn't like automata :whoa: if you never played any of these types of games before :whoa:

its not even a bad game it just ain't full price/day 1 unless you know what you're getting into and still have expectations in check

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Game is cool so far but I'm hoping the story picks up soon, right now dude is just running around doing subquests trying to help his sister and shyt. And fukk this old lady's mail :hhh:

At this point I really don't know what the story is outside of "cure my sister's disease".

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Game is cool so far but I'm hoping the story picks up soon, right now dude is just running around doing subquests trying to help his sister and shyt. And fukk this old lady's mail :hhh:

At this point I really don't know what the story is outside of "cure my sister's disease".
Story picks up when you meet a certain character in a certain mansion towards the end of Act 1

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
This is the most egotistical book I've ever seen :picard:

Weiss has to be the unintentionally funniest character in the game. :pachaha: He's not even wrong with some of the commentary, but he's just so... :mjlol:

I love how you get to Seafront and one dude is like "You know that Lighthouse Lady? Stay away, she's trouble" and you as the player are sitting there like "How could one old lady be so much trouble? :dwillhuh:"

...And then you meet her. :francis: Ungrateful as hell and everything. She's lucky gravity ain't take her out yet. :sas2:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Story doesn't do much until you are 5 hours in.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got ending A

After ending A, you unlock the option to use the soundtrack from Nier Automata in game+title
menu.:sas2:

We back!:myman:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
This game is incredible. :wow: You definitely see the "PS3" elements in it, but that's to be expected since it's a remaster and not quite a remake. That's why Automata is the "better" game. By all rights... It should be. If it wasn't? :francis:

With how popular the NieR franchise is now, I wonder if that opens doors for a Drakengard trilogy collection.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Should have played on normal, these spongy enemies aren't it.

Also the side quest with the two boys and the lost Mother in the junk yard made no sense.

She ran off with her lover...into the depths of an extremely dangerous junk yard. :gucci: