NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... Official Thread Release date 4/23

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Saying combat is better than platinum's attempt.....
:patrice:

I'd have to see some video

:patrice:

The xbox 360 version I still touch from time to time is cool, but it was just good enough to not bring the whole game down
combat is butter

broke boys looking for reasons not to buy

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I loved automata. Is it worth playing this brehs? It seems I'm seeing mixed opinions

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Me. The combat in Automata wasn't even good.

How can anyone shyt on Automata's combat and pump this one's up is beyond me, considering they modeled Replicant's combat to be a replica of Automata's, lol. Sure, there's some differences, but the base design of it is extremely similar to Automata's, which was the point, since the OG's combat was the only one of the Niers game that had iffy combat and Platinum did its thing with Automata's, making it extremely better.

The magic attacks in Replicant makes for some different implementations of similar tactics of what you could do with chip upgrades in Automata. Aside from the half-circular dash you can do to get behind opponents when locked on (which is quite dope), combat is very much ripped from Automata's bones, which is a good thing.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How can anyone shyt on Automata's combat and pump this one's up is beyond me, considering they modeled Replicant's combat to be a replica of Automata's, lol. Sure, there's some differences, but the base design of it is extremely similar to Automata's, which was the point, since the OG's combat was the only one of the Niers game that had iffy combat and Platinum did its thing with Automata's, making it extremely better.

The magic attacks in Replicant makes for some different implementations of similar tactics of what you could do with chip upgrades in Automata. Aside from the half-circular dash you can do to get behind opponents when locked on (which is quite dope), combat is very much ripped from Automata's bones, which is a good thing.

The first Nier game is better than Automata though in every aspect of a game, exploration, the story, and the boss battles

automata is damn near a button masher, sometimes less is more, the combat in this game needed update because its 2021, but its still not like automata's combat, which was cool for what it was, but the dodge spam in Platinum games is played out

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Honestly, I gotta play more of this before I talk too much in depth about the combat. But Automata's combat shined more on Human bosses than robot bosses, which the game had directly only 2. Vanilla Nier is looking very "put the circle into circle hole". but it's definitely better than it's original version. but the combat isn't really the focus on this series like it is with other games.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The first Nier game is better than Automata though in every aspect of a game, exploration, the story, and the boss battles

automata is damn near a button masher, sometimes less is more, the combat in this game needed update because its 2021, but its still not like automata's combat, which was cool for what it was, but the dodge spam in Platinum games is played out

You can dodge spam in this game just the same, even moreso with the circular dodge (when available). The combat is very similar to Automata, as the animations, the cancel any move at pretty much any frames, all similar to Platinum's style, as stated previously, cuz it was intentionally done to bridge the two together for fans of Automata.

Square didn't hire Platinum to do the combat for the sequel cuz they thought the first game's combat was stellar. Less is more my ass. It was janky and unpolished. Now it isn't, thanks to P* and then ToyLogic for following their blueprint. Never argued anything else about 1st in comparison to Automata, but the combat definitely needed improvement, which is why it was done so. But you stay having off-brand "hot takes" just cuz so...:aicmon:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can dodge spam in this game just the same, even moreso with the circular dodge (when available). The combat is very similar to Automata, as the animations, the cancel any move at pretty much any frames, all similar to Platinum's style, as stated previously, cuz it was intentionally done to bridge the two together for fans of Automata.

Square didn't hire Platinum to do the combat for the sequel cuz they thought the first game's combat was stellar. Less is more my ass. It was janky and unpolished. Now it isn't, thanks to P* and then ToyLogic for following their blueprint. Never argued anything else about 1st in comparison to Automata, but the combat definitely needed improvement, which is why it was done so. But you stay having off-brand "hot takes" just cuz so...:aicmon:

Nier is the game Automata is based on first of all, Platinum just added to it, this game brings the combat to modern times and it's not the same as automata's combat and is better

The characters don't even move the same because you are playing as humans instead of androids

plus Automata was meant to be pure action game, when Nier had more in common with Legend of Zelda type of games, which is why it was an overall better game, and Automata was disappoint to people who played the original, and those new to the series overrate automata because it was their first experience