Nier aint an RPG-Courtdog

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So by that logic do you not consider Dark Souls as an RPG?
No the fukk it's not :dahell:

Look, I understand you kids are retarded and to you anything with a leveling system equals RPG.

And with this logic, Metroid would be an RPG as well, a jrpg. some of you will be like yeah, but I actually grew up playing Metroid, revealed Samus before Nintendo power told nikkaz about it. I played and beat the original final fantasies, back then when you would name an RPG we didn't name Zelda because Zelda wasn't a final fantasy or dragon warrior (that's right nikka dragon warrior :birdman: )

Show me where you see RPG...
14446-the-legend-of-zelda-nes-back-cover.jpg

I know as new generations come up they try to redefine what something is, but you're Kaitlyn Jenner in this bytch.
he do according to his profile, its just who's playin.

I can't accept the Nier slander without an explanation tho:hubie:
It was me, I was playing 2nd extinction a lot yesterday and it's pretty fun. I was doing it solo and was running for my life from all types of dinosaurs. shyts dope!

You know what, I can upgrade my weapons and powers.... I guess that's an RPG too?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
“NieR:Automata isn’t just a simple entertainment product; it’s a silky-smooth 60fps, open-world action RPG, sending the player through a non-stop rollercoaster of emotions.”
NieR:Automata | PlatinumGames Inc. Official WebSite
it's an action games with RPG elements, that's why it's worded like that. You then wanna act like it's more RPG than not which is false, is hardly an RPG and is just the term the industry uses to describe being able to upgrade, a lazy generalization that you took too literally.

But thank you for helping me clarify to you what it is. It's no Mario 3 but it's still nice...I guess

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
it's an action games with RPG elements, that's why it's worded like that. You then wanna act like it's more RPG than not which is false, is hardly an RPG and is just the term the industry uses to describe being able to upgrade, a lazy generalization that you took too literally.

But thank you for helping me clarify to you what it is. It's no Mario 3 but it's still nice...I guess
So witcher 3 aint an rpg by your definition. Its a medieval action game with rpg elements:troll:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
i tried to play this game like three times and i could never fukk w it

everybody stays talking about how good it is but i just dont see it

It mostly lies in its story and music. The gameplay is good, but not as good as Souls or Ys. Also, I personally hated the open world aspect of it and thought it felt so empty. Still a great game. I feel like the hardest part was getting through route B since I found hacking boring and way too easy.

It might have the best story from last-gen IMO.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Witcher 3 is about as much of an RPG as Zelda II was on the nes. That reference might go over your head but it's accurate
Zelda 2 was considered an ARPG tho. It was one of the elements that made it controversial, n nintendo abandoned that stuff with Link to the Past.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
This thread is brain cancer :mjlol:

@PS5 @MeachTheMonster Is this hill really worth dying on?:francis: Please tell me y'all have actually played the game to be arguing about what genre it is with people who've beat it multiple times :russ:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This thread is brain cancer :mjlol:

@PS5 @MeachTheMonster Is this hill really worth dying on?:francis: Please tell me y'all have actually played the game to be arguing about what genre it is with people who've beat it multiple times :russ:
I played the game. Not dying on any hills breh.

Just gave my opinion on the game or more so what I view as an rpg. Pretty much all games have stats and powers/equipment upgrades these days:manny:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just because it looks like anime don't make it an RPG, Nier is action adventure with RPG elements

You can level up skill/upgrade in San Andreas too and its always been considered action adventure with RPG elements too