Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
wasnt an xbox exclusive:blessed:

lets shyt on jrpg classics cuz they aint only on xbox:blessed:

lets judge games off their platforms, not their merits:blessed:

And then when Xbox gets JRPGs, they don't do well because that's not their base. Cause if it was, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon would be their own series, and Mistwalker Studios wouldn't have to resort to doing mobile games. Xbox doesn't do well at all in Japan, so developers don't make console exclusive games for it, otherwise they'd do Jay Sean numbers. And if you have a JRPG multi-platform title, most of the player base is going to be on PlayStation. It's not by coincidence that FF7R at this point in time is PS exclusive and FFXVI seems to be a PS exclusive too. Or that a ton of anime games go on PS only. Look at Genshin Impact.

I guess it could then be argued that Xbox needs JP studios to make quality games so they DO end up building a base over there, but who knows? :yeshrug:

All in all though, Nier Replicant is absolutely a JRPG/ARPG and denying that is silly lmao. It's a Japanese Action Role Playing Game, it has all the elements of a JRPG, only it's fast-paced and responsive.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
And then when Xbox gets JRPGs, they don't do well because that's not their base. Cause if it was, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon would be their own series, and Mistwalker Studios wouldn't have to resort to doing mobile games. Xbox doesn't do well at all in Japan, so developers don't make console exclusive games for it, otherwise they'd do Jay Sean numbers. And if you have a JRPG multi-platform title, most of the player base is going to be on PlayStation. It's not by coincidence that FF7R at this point in time is PS exclusive and FFXVI seems to be a PS exclusive too. Or that a ton of anime games go on PS only. Look at Genshin Impact.

I guess it could then be argued that Xbox needs JP studios to make quality games so they DO end up building a base over there, but who knows? :yeshrug:

All in all though, Nier Replicant is absolutely a JRPG/ARPG and denying that is silly lmao. It's a Japanese Action Role Playing Game, it has all the elements of a JRPG, only it's fast-paced and responsive.

This is a huge reason why I rock with Playstation more than Xbox is because of the JRPG's that Playstation gets that Xbox either A. Never gets or B. Has to wait a ridiculously long time to get.

My potna is a FF head bruh, played all the old classic FF games and the new ones. Heard about FF7R and was ecstatic just like the rest of us. He only plays Xbox, he was like I'll just wait until it comes to Xbox eventually. He still has the :mjcry: look on his face since 7R and XVI still only on PlayStation. I bet he caves and gets a 5. I kept telling him Xbox is for shooters and multiplayer games, all that single player piff is on PlayStation. Been that way for a while now, that's why I own both consoles because they cater to two different markets.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Also, add the fact that in the JRPG community PC gaming has been on the rise. And considering almost every that comes on Xbox ends up on PC as well. And the PC ports have been getting better and better.

The thing is at this point their fanbase doesn't hold much interest at all in these games. If they do they would have another system to play JRPG's whether it is PC, Playstation or Nintendo systems.

Granted the success of Like a Dragon and the push of Scarlett Nexus is a step in the right direction, however this isn't something that will be improved over night. It prob will take a whole generation considering how successful Sony and Nintendo are doing their.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

wasnt a Microsoft exclusive so garbage:blessed:
fukk the world building, fukk subtlety, fukk the music, fukk the emotion, fukk the callbacks, fukk everything. wasnt an exclusive so its garbage:blessed:

fukk your emotions n fukk you too!:blessed:

they never patched the PC version, so it's garbage :troll:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also, add the fact that in the JRPG community PC gaming has been on the rise. And considering almost every that comes on Xbox ends up on PC as well. And the PC ports have been getting better and better.

The thing is at this point their fanbase doesn't hold much interest at all in these games. If they do they would have another system to play JRPG's whether it is PC, Playstation or Nintendo systems.

Granted the success of Like a Dragon and the push of Scarlett Nexus is a step in the right direction, however this isn't something that will be improved over night. It prob will take a whole generation considering how successful Sony and Nintendo are doing their.

Japan will never care about the xbox brand.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It’s more an action game than anything else. it has some rpg like elements but ultimately your success in the game is more based on your stick skills than upgrading stats and equipment.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
It’s more an action game than anything else. it has some rpg like elements but ultimately your success in the game is more based on your stick skills than upgrading stats and equipment.
Games like DMC and Bayonetta and even Astral Chain are what you are describing. Between leveling up your character, your equipment, stats. Then you also have customization with your pod programs and plug-in chips.

The more I think about it calling Nier just an action game is pure blasphemy.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Games like DMC and Bayonetta and even Astral Chain are what you are describing. Between leveling up your character, your equipment, stats. Then you also have customization with your pod programs and plug-in chips.

The more I think about it calling Nier just an action game is pure blasphemy.
It’s closer to DMC and the like than to something like final fantasy.

If Nier is an RPG than so is stuff like assassins creed or darksiders.

To me the cutoff is how you find success in the game. For RPGs your success is mainly based on the upgrades you achieve and the decisions you make. In action games your success is dictated by your skills/reflexes with the controller.

Yes nier has RPG elements, but ultimately it’s the action with the controller that drives the gameplay.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
It’s closer to DMC and the like than to something like final fantasy.

If Nier is an RPG than so is stuff like assassins creed or darksiders.

To me the cutoff is how you find success in the game. For RPGs your success is mainly based on the upgrades you achieve and the decisions you make. In action games your success is dictated by your skills/reflexes with the controller.

Yes nier has RPG elements, but ultimately it’s the action with the controller that drives the gameplay.

So by that logic do you not consider Dark Souls as an RPG?