Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
It was also prime for the Dungeon Family, Cash Money, Lil Jon, TI, Ludacris, Atlanta rappers in general, Houston got hot in 2004, Miami in 2006, Memphis in the early to mid 2000s.
I didn’t listen or check for any of that and didn’t care to or have an interest. Neither did people that I knew. We had enough content and music coming out of NY at the time both mainstream, underground and street rap. I couldn’t name one song that I recall coming out those regions - rap coming out those parts wasn’t part of my listening experiences when we had Cam’ron, Dipset, Max B, Mobb, battle rappers, up and comings, etc Funny how you mention Lil Wayne bc he was running with Dipset before he started popping and so was TI - Jay Electronica sounds exactly like Nas on Exhibit B. Andre and them said themselves on hip hop evolution that they were looking for the New York co-sign to get put on but Djs at the time weren’t checking for it.

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I didn’t listen or check for any of that and didn’t care to or have an interest. Neither did people that I knew. We had enough content and music coming out of NY at the time both mainstream, underground and street rap. I couldn’t name one song that I recall coming out those regions - rap coming out those parts wasn’t part of my listening experiences when we had Cam’ron, Dipset, Max B, Mobb, battle rappers, up and comings, etc Funny how you mention Lil Wayne bc he was running with Dipset before he started popping and so was TI - Jay Electronica sounds exactly like Nas on Exhibit B. Andre and them said themselves on hip hop evolution that they were looking for the New York co-sign to get put on but Djs at the time weren’t checking for it.

Just because YOU personally did listen to it doesn't mean everybody didn't. That is around the same time magazines started making articles about Bring NY hip-hop back because the South was completely dominating. I'd also like to see where Andre said he wanted NYC acceptance. Please don't reference 1994 source awards. It couldn't have been in the early 2000s either when they released their multi platinum album Stankonia, for the Diamond selling double Album Speakerboxxx and The Love Below. Preference is one thing, but refusing to acknowledge the facts are different

2003 is when the South officially took over hip-hop