Nicolas Cage the Gawd's new insane looking movie "Mandy" dir. Panos Cosmatos

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I did not like Beyond The Black Rainbow at all... but I found this somewhat entertaining, some of the visuals are good and the music/score is really good, I'd even go as far as to say the score carried certain parts of the movies.

The director doesn't seem to know how to mesh genres together very well... it's like you are watching 2 or 3 different movies. In BTBR you go from the long drawn out philosphical/psychadelic, David Lynch bullshyt, to a generic slasher movie. It's the same thing with Mandy except there is ALOT more action so it's a little easier to tolerate

These "artist" today in music, movies etc.. need to learn the difference between influence and outright biting other peoples shyt.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nasty Nic is back?
tumblr_pf7c2qtIDi1rdhwsvo6_250.gif

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
This movie made Annihilation feel like a RomCom.
Really? I didnt feel that at all. This was more a classic revenge flick with avant guard sensibilities. Straw Dogs on acid. I found Annihilation to be much more base, nihilistic and ultimately more unsettling, though the execution was larely apples and oranges.

This obviously had a lot of disturbing content but the story structure and resolution gave it an overall lighter tone when I look back on it. In contrast to something like Hereditary, which left me feeling very detached and fukked up for some time after viewing.

Really liked it. Could have cut a bunch in the first half and it would have been perfect.

Once he gets to Bill Fuke this movie is:banderas:

The score :banderas:
I enjoyed the first half the most.

Film: 8/10
Music: 10/10

I knew shyt was gonna be good when that King Crimson came in on the opening credits :ohlawd:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I liked it, but it felt like a shyttier retread of 'Beyond The Black Rainbow' which is dope.