Nickelodeon's GOAT run: 1984 - 2001

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I'm from the younger era, so I would say Nickelodeon was still going strong in the 2000s. Not everything was GOAT-level, but they were killing it with live-action shows. Drake & Josh, Zoey 101, Ned's Declassified, all certified classics. :wow:

The one major problem that Nickelodeon has now is they're not putting out any hits. Shows that anyone can watch. Even in the 2010s, they had iCarly, Victorious, and Big Time Rush at the same time. :blessed: Nowadays, there's nothing. They're lucky SpongeBob had a resurgence and The Loud House took off the way it did, because they would be ice cold otherwise.
We're probably around the same age but I thought Nick started slipping in the early 00s. Fairly Oddparents and Spongebob was all they had while Cartoon Network and DIsney Channel were crushing the buildings. I thought all them sitcoms like Drake & Josh and such were trash. All That when they completely changed the cast was when they started lookin funny:huhldup:

But then all the kid networks fell the fukk off in the mid-00s. I hit my teen years precisely at the right time. Luckily Cartoon Network got its act together in 2010

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
We're probably around the same age but I thought Nick started slipping in the early 00s. Fairly Oddparents and Spongebob was all they had while Cartoon Network and DIsney Channel were crushing the buildings. I thought all them sitcoms like Drake & Josh and such were trash. All That when they completely changed the cast was when they started lookin funny:huhldup:

But then all the kid networks fell the fukk off in the mid-00s. I hit my teen years precisely at the right time. Luckily Cartoon Network got its act together in 2010
Felt like Nickelodeon's soul died in 2007-'08. Spongebob was already slipping in quality after that first theatrical film, but when Avatar: TLA & Danny Phantom went off the air......it was time for me to go. :hubie:TEENick block also looking flabby around the time :hubie:Catscratch and The Xs was not doing it for me.

Felt like Cartoon Network lost something around that time too. They were looking shaky after Foster's & KND finished. And you're right about them eventually getting their shyt together. Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Gumball really bounced them nikkas back cause they were also on some fukkshyt.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Felt like Nickelodeon's soul died in 2007-'08. Spongebob was already slipping in quality after that first theatrical film, but when Avatar: TLA & Danny Phantom went off the air......it was time for me to go. :hubie:TEENick block also looking flabby around the time :hubie:Catscratch and The Xs was not doing it for me.

Felt like Cartoon Network lost something around that time too. They were looking shaky after Foster's & KND finished. And you're right about them eventually getting their shyt together. Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Gumball really bounced them nikkas back cause they were also on some fukkshyt.
The CEO Cartoon Network hired in the mid-00s wanted to start doing live action shyt even though NOBODY wanted it and phased out Toonami and other shyt people loved. Then they walked it all back.

The channel fell off again recently though because they started treating Teen Titans Go like Nickelodeon treated Spongebob in the 00s and just jamming it down everybody's throats and trying to make every new show a clone of it.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The CEO Cartoon Network hired in the mid-00s wanted to start doing live action shyt even though NOBODY wanted it and phased out Toonami and other shyt people loved. Then they walked it all back.

The channel fell off again recently though because they started treating Teen Titans Go like Nickelodeon treated Spongebob in the 00s and just jamming it down everybody's throats and trying to make every new show a clone of it.
Stuart Snyder........I remember that whole era vividly. Dark times. :mjcry:

So many flashes of hope only to end in disappointment. I'm glad I'm well out of the target demographic now.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

I think the mid-to-late 2000s were a bad time for Cartoon Network. They had some shows, but they tried to get that Nick and Disney money with live-action shows. It didn't work. :francis:

Re-Animated :hhh:

Dude, What Would Happen? (Dude, what would happen if this bullshyt was on my screen one more time?) :hhh:

Destroy Rebuild Destroy or whatever it was :hhh:

They ran the 2010s, though. I'll give them that. It was like a renaissance. :wow:

Disney Channel held it down for the entire 2000s and the early 2010s. After 2013 or so........:unimpressed:. They need a renaissance too.

I get that they wanted to keep All That going, but the original cast was gone, pretty sure some of the original writers were gone. Plus, they had The Amanda Show which was doing better anyway. How are you going to take one of the All That cast members, give them their own show, have them introduce new stars (Drake and Josh) off the formula you created and they're whooping your ass every week? :mjtf: Nobody acknowledges 2000s All That or its cast members outside of a few people.

Now, they have a new All That. I don't see anybody killing themselves to watch it, either. :unimpressed:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I think the mid-to-late 2000s were a bad time for Cartoon Network. They had some shows, but they tried to get that Nick and Disney money with live-action shows. It didn't work. :francis:

Re-Animated :hhh:

Dude, What Would Happen? (Dude, what would happen if this bullshyt was on my screen one more time?) :hhh:

Destroy Rebuild Destroy or whatever it was :hhh:

They ran the 2010s, though. I'll give them that. It was like a renaissance. :wow:

Disney Channel held it down for the entire 2000s and the early 2010s. After 2013 or so........:unimpressed:. They need a renaissance too.

I get that they wanted to keep All That going, but the original cast was gone, pretty sure some of the original writers were gone. Plus, they had The Amanda Show which was doing better anyway. How are you going to take one of the All That cast members, give them their own show, have them introduce new stars (Drake and Josh) off the formula you created and they're whooping your ass every week? :mjtf: Nobody acknowledges 2000s All That or its cast members outside of a few people.

Now, they have a new All That. I don't see anybody killing themselves to watch it, either. :unimpressed:
I think the only tolerable live-action show during then was Tower Prep. Which was a shame too because while I liked it, I also hated it for being on the wrong channel. :russ:

Viacom trying to restore the vibes with these revivals (All That, TRL). Nah b, they don't love you like that anymore.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I think the only tolerable live-action show during then was Tower Prep. Which was a shame too because while I liked it, I also hated it for being on the wrong channel. :russ:

Viacom trying to restore the vibes with these revivals (All That, TRL). Nah b, they don't love you like that anymore.

I think Cartoon Network cancelled Tower Prep because too many girls were watching it. :martin:

I still don't know why they thought bringing back TRL was a good idea. People who grew up with the original weren't going to watch after the first few episodes, and people who didn't grow up with it have other ways to watch videos. They don't need to wait until three in the morning for Weeknd's video to come on, they can see it on their phone whenever they want. :unimpressed:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
I used to catch the bus as a kid/young teen to my auntie house to watch Nickelodeon in her basement every weekend shyt was crack

By the time we got cable at my crib it was like 1998 and shyt wasn't the same at all cartoon network was killing it during that era

By the early 2000s I only watched Nickelodeon for two reasons

Christina Vidal fine ass

And the main chick on that show Caitlin's Way was :whoo:
giphy.gif

What is the name of the women on caitlin's way?

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I was born 95 so reruns put me on to most of the classics. Kenan and Kel was my shyt tho as a youngin but Nick aint fall off til late 2000s to me

I can understand where you older brehs coming from tho

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah Nick was killing it for a while, but CN came thru with Toonami and fukking crushed everybody's buildings. I lowkey even forgot Nickelodeon even existed for a second.

Whoever at CN made the decision to purchase DBZ deserves a statue in front of their building. That show is really what made CN take off.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I was an '84 til about '93 Nick watcher. But there's also You Can't Do That on Television, Mr Wizard's World, Eureaka's Castle...And I can't forget about Nick Jr & Nick at Nite.

Noozles, The World of David the Gnome, Maya the Bee, The Adventures of the Little Koala, Lill' Bits, Hi Honey I'm Home, and Get Smart, Wait Til Your Father Gets Home. and every B&W show I watched.

Fifteen is my ish, and I still can't find it.