Nickelodeon's GOAT run: 1984 - 2001

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
Moms did what she had to do to take care of me man and put food on the table and give us both the lifestyle she wanted. Won't apologize for that :yeshrug:
all respect to your mom and to the fact she was able to give you cable as a single mom.
i wasnt in the house much watching tv. i was always trying to stay out the house..
different kids grow up in different ways.

how old were you in 1998? i was 16 going on 17.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
all respect to your mom and to the fact she was able to give you cable as a single mom.
i wasnt in the house much watching tv. i was always trying to stay out the house..
different kids grow up in different ways.

how old were you in 1998? i was 16 going on 17.

Yeah see I was 12 in 98 lol. I was going outside definitely but I was also a latchkey kid and on the weekends if I had my friends over we'd watch a lot of nick before we went outside to do whatever and then make sure we were back in for SNICK. plus again, I was 12 you were thinking about finishing high school I was just trying to get my middle school girlfriend to not make me see Titanic

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Its been downhill for Nickelodeon ever since The Spongebob Squarepants Movie. I'm not saying that movie was trash, I actually liked it...but it was apparent the quality dipped in awful fashion afterwards when Hillenburg stepped down. Nicktoons were lookin :flabbynsick: after that, slowly but surely.

Last edited:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I'm from the younger era, so I would say Nickelodeon was still going strong in the 2000s. Not everything was GOAT-level, but they were killing it with live-action shows. Drake & Josh, Zoey 101, Ned's Declassified, all certified classics. :wow:

The one major problem that Nickelodeon has now is they're not putting out any hits. Shows that anyone can watch. Even in the 2010s, they had iCarly, Victorious, and Big Time Rush at the same time. :blessed: Nowadays, there's nothing. They're lucky SpongeBob had a resurgence and The Loud House took off the way it did, because they would be ice cold otherwise.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
I used to catch the bus as a kid/young teen to my auntie house to watch Nickelodeon in her basement every weekend shyt was crack

By the time we got cable at my crib it was like 1998 and shyt wasn't the same at all cartoon network was killing it during that era

By the early 2000s I only watched Nickelodeon for two reasons

Christina Vidal fine ass

And the main chick on that show Caitlin's Way was :whoo:
giphy.gif

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Inspector Gadget
Count Duckula
Danger Mouse
Underdog
Mighty Mouse
:banderas:

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
I used to catch the bus as a kid/young teen to my auntie house to watch Nickelodeon in her basement every weekend shyt was crack

By the time we got cable at my crib it was like 1998 and shyt wasn't the same at all cartoon network was killing it during that era

By the early 2000s I only watched Nickelodeon for two reasons

Christina Vidal fine ass

And the main chick on that show Caitlin's Way was :whoo:
giphy.gif

That is one bouncy bouncy big titty white bytch :wow: