Nick Saban, welcome to Austin, TX (UPDATE: regent confirms Saban wanted Texas/dtown vindicated!)

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
chip brown's report this morning...i'm not sure what to believe anymore but if this shyt is true about mack blocking saban, then he's stained his legacy forever. my source has gone silent so i'll consider this entertainment fodder until then.

You know how it is in Texas bruh. By time this is over, there will be a murder somewhere in this shyt :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
chip brown's report this morning...i'm not sure what to believe anymore but if this shyt is true about mack blocking saban, then he's stained his legacy forever. my source has gone silent so i'll consider this entertainment fodder until then.

If this is true, UT is going to want Mack Brown's head :wow:

I don't even know what to believe...all these sources got egg their faces :beli:

Last edited:

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chip Brown is full of shyt.

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, every fukkin coach worth a shyt a raise because the Texas job isn't coveted. Hate Texas all you want, but as soon as we lost to Ok St, these extensions started poppin up like crazy. And that's coming from a very cynical Texas alumn. Everyone can make fun of us now, but a lot of people were shook for the job to not be coveted. Sure took some of these coaches a while to sign those extensions.
nikka multiple coaches get extensions every year. This isn't anything new. Texas fans have to be the most delusional fans in the country.

Scientific

Bacdafucup
Daps
Reppin
The H
Who could believe that Mack Brown blocked in any way what the majority of the big wigs want? He doesnt carry that kind of weight. Thats a Bear Bryant, Paterno kind of level. Please.

Either, Mack has more support from within than what some thought, and a coup de ta was in somehow in the works by a small group of people.

Or Chip Brown was used as an instigator, and he stupidly reported it from sources that weren't credible, and will now try to save face. Given his history, I'll take the second one. He has lost any real credibility other than being the equivalent of a bleacher report blogger. Its hit and miss with Chip, and he has more misses.
jim harbaugh, welcome to austin tx :yeshrug:

:troll:
:comeon:

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]

qfp6.png

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Who could believe that Mack Brown blocked in any way what the majority of the big wigs want? He doesnt carry that kind of weight. Thats a Bear Bryant, Paterno kind of level. Please.

Either, Mack has more support from within than what some thought, and a coup de ta was in somehow in the works by a small group of people.

Or Chip Brown was used as an instigator, and he stupidly reported it from sources that weren't credible, and will now try to save face. Given his history, I'll take the second one. He has lost any real credibility other than being the equivalent of a bleacher report blogger. Its hit and miss with Chip, and he has more misses.

:comeon:
chip has missed in the past but he nailed the dodds retirement. i can tell you this, mack DID NOT want saban to be his successor. saban has been in contact with texas regents for a year now via sexton. one of his requirements is that the program make a clean break from mack brown. that is the only way he's going to change the country club culture they have going on right now. mack wants to stay in some type of capacity as an advisor even if he resigns. i believe this was communicated to powers/patterson in their meeting and is still up in the air at this moment. all of the stalling and delays turned saban off to texas over the last two days so he took the lesser deal from bama (texas had a deal for 8+million/yr). now that mack has succeeded on the saban front, i think he'll be in negotiations with powers/patterson for the next few day/weeks about his future role with the program and announce his resignation some time next week (if we're lucky), his ego is so big i wouldn't be surprised if he waited till after the bowl game. the man is evil in my book.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
chip has missed in the past but he nailed the dodds retirement. i can tell you this, mack DID NOT want saban to be his successor. saban has been in contact with texas regents for a year now via sexton. one of his requirements is that the program make a clean break from mack brown. that is the only way he's going to change the country club culture they have going on right now. mack wants to stay in some type of capacity as an advisor even if he resigns. i believe this was communicated to powers/patterson in their meeting and is still up in the air at this moment. all of the stalling and delays turned saban off to texas over the last two days so he took the lesser deal from bama (texas had a deal for 8+million/yr). now that mack has succeeded on the saban front, i think he'll be in negotiations with powers/patterson for the next few day/weeks about his future role with the program and announce his resignation some time next week (if we're lucky), his ego is so big i wouldn't be surprised if he waited till after the bowl game. the man is evil in my book.

How the fukk do you let Mack dictate terms? Fire his ass.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
First off, I think Chip is a puppet. He is just to stupid to realize that and wants to beat everyone else to a story. Mack hates Chip/Orangebloods so best believe he would take advantage of a chance to make them look stupid. I can feel Chip's soul burning while reading his "report". What I do know however is Mack did not want Saban to be his successor, Powers is still in Macks corner. Jamail being Mack's lawyer and a big money donor does not help matters either. Starting to look like Mack will be back next year to further drive this program into the ground.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
How the fukk do you let Mack dictate terms? Fire his ass.
he's an extremely political person. he's been here since 1997 and since the day he arrived, he made sure to make friends with the power brokers in the program. so his best friends (and i do mean friends who love each other, not co-workers) are President Powers, recently retired AD Deloss Dodds, and the two richest donors Jamail/McCombs. who is going to fire him?

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
he's an extremely political person. he's been here since 1997 and since the day he arrived, he made sure to make friends with the power brokers in the program. so his best friends (and i do mean friends who love each other, not co-workers) are President Powers, recently retired AD Deloss Dodds, and the two richest donors Jamail/McCombs. who is going to fire him?

rgz_ut_oregon_state_21.JPG

Scientific

Bacdafucup
Daps
Reppin
The H
Chip is a puppet.

I personally don't buy that Mack has enough weight to dictate who will be bis successor. He would have burned his UT legacy by pissing off the majority of the fans and alum. If Powers is still in his corner, then thats all that needs to be said. Mack still has an ally in his corner, and in the end there was never a guarantee that Saban would have gone to Texas. Sounds to me, some alum want to pin that on Mack because its easy to blame him.

Mack wants to keep his job. he wants to beat DKR's record. It wouldnt have mattered of Bilichek suddenly decided to coach UT, Mack wants to keep his job,

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You know I hear what you are saying, but this is the University of Texas, they will find other donors, I don't know, Mack is truly handicapping the school, Texas should be the best team in the country by far, shouldn't be close. Mack has been horrible, for this type of program, he has been horrible, 1 Championship since 1997, and he gets to leave on his own terms?? This is Texas, its the first choice of every prospect in the state and they can still recruit outside the state too. They should have Lane Kiffined his azz, fired this dude in the middle of a game, it's the fukking University of TEXAS, this shyt is annoying, I hate seeing programs not reaching their true potential. (And i'm not even a Texas fan)