Nick Saban, welcome to Austin, TX (UPDATE: regent confirms Saban wanted Texas/dtown vindicated!)

Daps
When have you seen a coaching search happen where all the details are leaked to the public before any of the parties say anything.

This never ever happens, that's why I'm skeptical.

I can't be mad at Saban for moving on to another job.

We won 3 out of 4 ships with him here.

lol have you paid attention to the fukkery that is college football recently

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Saban at Texas isn't even fair. That nikka might win 5 straight ships. :damn:

These boosters are willing to pay 20milly for his debts. With that kinda money and Saban's recruiting savvy, I don't see how anyone turns down Texas :wow:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
what are you talking about?

I don't see how y'all believe that debt story.

@dtownreppin214 been pretty accurate with alot of the other shyt he's said. It's certainly plausible That story plus the type of person Saban [hops around from team to team. Im the same type of person, I just don't like to be complacent and am always searching for new conquests]. It would certainly explain why he would leave.

Daps
what are you talking about?

everything plays out in the media now, there are no secrets. leaking information is negotiating in cfb now. notre dame played that game with the b12 to get a favorable deal with the acc and stall the b12. look at the usc coaching search too (del rio and sark, sumlin was a ploy to get that extension upped).

if you wanna go back further bama was all over rodriguez which was true too until he got cold feet and the concessions he wanted.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
@dtownreppin214 been pretty accurate with alot of the other shyt he's said. It's certainly plausible That story plus the type of person Saban [hops around from team to team. Im the same type of person, I just don't like to be complacent and am always searching for new conquests]. It would certainly explain why he would leave.
What has has been right about?

He has been posting rumors from UT message boards all week, talking like he a damn booster or some shyt.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
everything plays out in the media now, there are no secrets. leaking information is negotiating in cfb now. notre dame played that game with the b12 to get a favorable deal with the acc and stall the b12. look at the usc coaching search too (del rio and sark, sumlin was a ploy to get that extension upped).

if you wanna go back further bama was all over rodriguez which was true too until he got cold feet and the concessions he wanted.
No one knew Sark was getting hired until it was finalized.

Coaching hire do not play out in open like this, ever

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What has has been right about?

He has been posting rumors from UT message boards all week, talking like he a damn booster or some shyt.

rap_battle.gif

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
At the end of the day, nobody can really outbid anybody on a salary level....unless it just got insane. But something like $10 mil would be insane and really raise red flags about the entire process of coaching making so much vs players making $0

I dont see Saban getting anything above $7mil to $7.5mil.

Any major school from Bama, OSU, Texas, USC, OU can offer that that. These school bring in anywhere from $75 to $100mil a year on football alone.

And IMO the chances of him going back to the NFL are 0%.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's gonna get 10 million a year from Texas. But, I think they will present the sum in a complicated way. Like they'll say his base salary is 7 million and then make up some bonus system that will come out to 10 million a year if not more.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Ya'll brehs just don't know how crazy Alabama fans are about their football. That dude better have already moved out of the state if he leaves Alabama. I remember how it was when Franchione left, he knew to get out of town first.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Part of Sabans deal is going to be private, best believe he will be getting more money that what is going to be announced. And the debt story is very real. Mack is kicking and screaming on his way out and he strong armed UT to make sure he was financially taken care. fukk Mack by the way. Also even if it doesn't turn out to be Saban we are good, even if we have to go to Plan D. Trust.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
They said on FS1 that Saban is telling new recruits not to worry that he's not going anywhere.

He'd be the GOAT scumbag if he still left after that. :lolbron: