Nick Saban, welcome to Austin, TX (UPDATE: regent confirms Saban wanted Texas/dtown vindicated!)

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
fukk espn. if they don't break the news they don't report it.

question:

as an outsider, I don't see anything that Texas has to offer that he's not getting from/at/in Bama besides a clearer path to the BCS title game. Money shouldn't be an issue as he's financially set for life, so what it is bruh? A new challenge?

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
question:

as an outsider, I don't see anything that Texas has to offer that he's not getting from/at/in Bama besides a clearer path to the BCS title game. Money shouldn't be an issue as he's financially set for life, so what it is bruh? A new challenge?
new challenge, his wife has roots in austin and is cosmopolitan, this is a great city not tuscaloosa. main thing is new challenge imo.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He lost 10 million on a business deal with an Alabama booster. If that would've happened at Texas the politicians would've bankrupted the booster, made sure Saban got his money back, and possibly had the booster hung. No matter how much guap you got, 10 million is a lot of money. I'm sure Saban is salty about it still.

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He lost 10 million on a business deal with an Alabama booster. If that would've happened at Texas the politicians would've bankrupted the booster, made sure Saban got his money back, and possibly had the booster hung. No matter how much guap you got, 10 million is a lot of money. I'm sure Saban is salty about it still.
:patrice: Can you link me to this info?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
They tryna put my man OUt, but he ain't going easily. :pacspit: I fully support and stand behind his vision, and where he wants to take the mighty longhorns.
I have no dOUbt, that he's OUr man going forward
yOU'll see......

:youngsabo:

you missed one, but I got yOUr back breh breh :myman:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
new challenge, his wife has roots in austin and is cosmopolitan, this is a great city not tuscaloosa. main thing is new challenge imo.

If you read that GQ article he had a couple months ago, it gives you some insight into who he is. The GQ mag with RGIII on the cover...

Really Saban doesn't seem to care where he goes b/c to him it's all 15-16 hour days, the practice fields are all the same, the film room etc. None of that stuff changes much from school to school.

Saban says it's up to his wife b/c "she's the one who has to live there" so to speak, b/c he's not really "living" there as much as just working all the time.

It's really a good article.