NFL Week 7: What Have We Learned?!!

Did you learn anything new?

• Total voters

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Lions beat a Sam Darnold-led team in the final minute and Goff is an MVP and Lions are the best team in the league...

Never change Coli.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
They also put up a stat during the game that said Goff was like the best QB this season or something againt the blitz. High accuracy, 15 yard average and stuff like that. Immediatly after showing that stat, goff was blitzed and passed to Ra for like a 20 yard gain :yeshrug:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goff is who he's been, I don't see huge improvement. He hasn't been asked to do as much as he was last year. He's always been a good QB, he was never garbage or mid like the coli said as recently as a few weeks ago. He's not a top 5 QB though. He's a good QB playing with very good players around him at all positions.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im so glad MFs can shut up about Justin Fields now....

Russ is clearly better. They probably lose to the Jets with Fields

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another thing I haven't learned though is anything about the Steelers.
Wilson had a solid second half, but just like with the Fields, the defense helped a lot and unlucky picks by Rodgers.

That 1-yd tush push TD he did was basically a pick 6 (excluding 1 yd) of something a kid would catch.

So instead of going 22-13, it went 15-23.

Then again, blocked a close field goal.

Then add like two career-like highlight catches by Steelers guys.

So it was a lot of rare events defining the game. shyt that won't happen every week.

The lesson from the Steelers is that's a very good team, especially their defense. If whoever their QB is having a good game, they can probably beat anybody in the league.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lions beat a Sam Darnold-led team in the final minute and Goff is an MVP and Lions are the best team in the league...

Never change Coli.
the Lions are about as legit as it gets right now and building off the success of making the NFC Championship game last season - whats not to like outside of losing Hutch? Their offense can win any game

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They also put up a stat during the game that said Goff was like the best QB this season or something againt the blitz. High accuracy, 15 yard average and stuff like that. Immediatly after showing that stat, goff was blitzed and passed to Ra for like a 20 yard gain :yeshrug:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I'm loving the fact that my boy Goff is ballin but that stat is probably a little misleading...

a blitz against the Lions is a lot different than a blitz against the Giants for example.

How much of that is Goff being excellent against the blitz vs....the Lions can just pick up practically any blitz with ease and now the defensive backfield is handicapped

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think on average they're pretty good compared to most teams. You don't really let Mixon have four games of 100+ rushing yards if it's a really bad OL.

Nothing close to what the Dolphins, Rams, Bears, Cardinals, Seahawks, Carolina, etc. are working with. Like it's not even some plays those lines are bad, it's every snap those lines have a lot of problems and potentially get their QB's killed and zero running game.

Maybe not the amongst the very best (Lions, Colts, Eagles, Bucs), but still top ~10 in the league which is why I think Stroud and Mixon can go to work there.

Where are you getting this from?:heh:

Top 10? PFF has the Texans O-line ranked 22nd. Run blocking and pass blocking are different.

Quarterback C.J. Stroud has been sacked 20 times, tied for the third-most in the NFL, while the Texans’ front five ranks 26th in pass-block and run-block win rates.

He was running for his life all game.