NFL owners are embarrassed about what's happening in DC with Dan Snyder

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Cities got leverage. The overall economy doesn't get hit like that cause a team leaves. SD still good for the most part other than small biz
Chargers Exit Had Little Effect on San Diego Economy, Big Impact on Small Businesses | Neighborhoods.com

If a team leaves it's only so many cities that can hold a NFL team. Call their bluff and see where they can realistically go.
How many cities that don't have a NFL team in a 2 hour drive are big enough to be home to a team?
These city councilman just like the prestige of having a NFL team or being associated with one more than they want to help a city. Then a NFL holds them by the balls on all decisions that have to do with the city around the stadium and if the owner doesnt like it theyll threaten to move, all while owning the 20 blocks round the stadium if not more.
Breh there are ALOT of mid major cities that would love to have a franchise.....San Diego is a bit different because they have strong retirement and tourist/beach economy ......but look at St. Louis, the rams were a great addition there....city has no leverage.....can’t stop team from leaving and couldn’t make changes to offer suitability ....franchise was able to make all the decisions

Memphis
Louisville
Austin
OKC

Would all like the NFL in their cities....and I’m sure there are more. Franchises have the leverage breh.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems like they mad he's making money hand over fist while barely investing much to the total pool
Sounds like a good businessman to me :sas2:
These same nut ass owners would never let a black man buy the team even if it meant giving a team to someone who barely gives a fukk like Snyder
fukk em

Why would they be mad at him for doing, what most of them been doing.

Theyre mad cause a very important franchise is being run horribly.

This team because of their location, they're the local NFC team for a whole lot of markets.

Last edited:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Breh there are ALOT of mid major cities that would love to have a franchise.....San Diego is a bit different because they have strong retirement and tourist/beach economy ......but look at St. Louis, the rams were a great addition there....city has no leverage.....can’t stop team from leaving and couldn’t make changes to offer suitability ....franchise was able to make all the decisions

Memphis
Louisville
Austin
OKC

Would all like the NFL in their cities....and I’m sure there are more. Franchises have the leverage breh.

St Louis won cause they couldnt afford to build a new stadium. Kronke didn't want to be there anyway cause he up and moved to LA and fittin the bill for erreythang, but you asking 350,000 people St Lou to pay for it :wtf:

Memphis too close to Nashville that'd get vetoed.
Louisville too close to Cincy that'd get vetoed.
Austin is Dallas.
OKC. You got one option to move your team to. That aint leverage bruh.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
St Louis won cause they couldnt afford to build a new stadium. Kronke didn't want to be there anyway cause he up and moved to LA and fittin the bill for erreythang, but you asking 350,000 people St Lou to pay for it :wtf:

Memphis too close to Nashville that'd get vetoed.
Louisville too close to Cincy that'd get vetoed.
Austin is Dallas.
OKC. You got one option to move your team to. That aint leverage bruh.
Breh not if the franchise leaves cincy for Louisville ......I’m saying if a team uproots and leaves ....not like these cities would have a team with the other teams in the cities already in place.....ST. Louis was pissed about the rams....Cleveland was pissed about the browns....Oakland is pissed about the raiders .....cities don’t want to lose a professional team, it’s part of the package they use to recruit talent and business...it adds to the over all economy and adds cache to the city too......I get kroenke didn’t want to be there any more....actually that’s my point. Stl couldn’t do nothing about it either.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I go to Richmond at least once a year to take the kids to the museums/parks.

Right behind the children's museum is the training facility referred to in the article.

It just seems so out of place and every time I pass it I wonder "why the fukk is this here?"

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Breh not if the franchise leaves cincy for Louisville ......I’m saying if a team uproots and leaves ....not like these cities would have a team with the other teams in the cities already in place.....ST. Louis was pissed about the rams....Cleveland was pissed about the browns....Oakland is pissed about the raiders .....cities don’t want to lose a professional team, it’s part of the package they use to recruit talent and business...it adds to the over all economy and adds cache to the city too......I get kroenke didn’t want to be there any more....actually that’s my point. Stl couldn’t do nothing about it either.

Of course cities get pissed and butthurt over teams leaving, but after a year they move on cause they realize they saved a shytload of money by letting them go.
the economy keep on swinging except for some bars and sports shops overall city economy doesn't put a huge divot in the economy. So why would the city keep financing stadiums for decades when they can be still be great without them.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Of course cities get pissed and butthurt over teams leaving, but after a year they move on cause they realize they saved a shytload of money by letting them go.
the economy keep on swinging except for some bars and sports shops overall city economy doesn't put a huge divot in the economy. So why would the city keep financing stadiums for decades when they can be still be great without them.
I can agree that not all cities become dumpster fires when a franchise leaves(seattle and houston did well of course having other teams, but a city like STL still blanes the team for some current economic issues, social separation and overall low morale).......but it does take a few years of bounce back and adjustment...and the deeper entrenched like Steelers to Pittsburgh or Dallas to the cowboys I believe the tougher and longer the adjustment period.

But the reason I speak of leverage is because owners have the citizens pay taxes to front the bill for the stadium or improvements...all while being able to gobble up land rights just to decide to leave whenever they want with no calamity, no penalty....

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Cities got leverage. The overall economy doesn't get hit like that cause a team leaves. SD still good for the most part other than small biz
Chargers Exit Had Little Effect on San Diego Economy, Big Impact on Small Businesses | Neighborhoods.com

If a team leaves it's only so many cities that can hold a NFL team. Call their bluff and see where they can realistically go.
How many cities that don't have a NFL team in a 2 hour drive are big enough to be home to a team?
These city councilman just like the prestige of having a NFL team or being associated with one more than they want to help a city. Then a NFL holds them by the balls on all decisions that have to do with the city around the stadium and if the owner doesnt like it theyll threaten to move, all while owning the 20 blocks round the stadium if not more.
Green Bay has a team. They draw from the entire state but alot of teams are like this. The Raiders even draw from LA, Bakersfield, Fresno, Sac, and the Bay for every home game. Of course owners prefer to be in a major metro area but a medium sized city can definitely do a NFL team. Its only 8 home games. Baseball is tougher on smaller markets cause of the 80+ home games.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Green Bay has a team. They draw from the entire state but alot of teams are like this. The Raiders even draw from LA, Bakersfield, Fresno, Sac, and the Bay for every home game. Of course owners prefer to be in a major metro area but a medium sized city can definitely do a NFL team. Its only 8 home games. Baseball is tougher on smaller markets cause of the 80+ home games.

Greenbay is one of the worst examples you can give. They're one of the oldest teams in the league and owned by the people :dead:
The Nfl isn't splitting markets for teams that are <3 hours away.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Seems like they mad he's making money hand over fist while barely investing much to the total pool
Sounds like a good businessman to me :sas2:
These same nut ass owners would never let a black man buy the team even if it meant giving a team to someone who barely gives a fukk like Snyder
fukk em
It's not an election. That's what fans at times don't get. It's not like being mad Trump's in office and then hoping shyt changes in 2020. The Dolans and Snyders of the world don't give a fukk because they don't have to. Sports owners tend to be the closest things we have to dictators.

As justified as the city of San Diego was for not caving into Spanos, I'm pretty sure they're gonna feel so cheated if by some chance the Chargers get to the Superbowl and win. Sports tugs emotionally at the heart strings of a city. You can call a team's bluff and even if they go somewhere else and don't do as well, you as the fan took the L because now they're not in your town anymore.

The Skins get much more criticism because of what @frush11 said. It's why people are mad at the Knicks' incompetence, why people shamed the Sixers for Trusting the Process, why the Mets get hammered for being run like a mom and pop organization. It's because many feel this type of bullshyt is beneath these teams.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN

Memphis
Louisville
Austin
OKC

Memphis didn't want the Titans. Rams started in LA, moved bc of the owner (Georgia Frontiere), sabotaging the team bc she wanted them in STL.

The league was ready to build the Raiders a stadium in Inglewood, under the stipulation Al Davis shared it with another team. He said "fukk that" and left to Oakland. Ironic huh. He also ripped off the city of Irwindale for $10 million on top of that.

Last edited:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
As justified as the city of San Diego was for not caving into Spanos, I'm pretty sure they're gonna feel so cheated if by some chance the Chargers get to the Superbowl and win. Sports tugs emotionally at the heart strings of a city. You can call a team's bluff and even if they go somewhere else and don't do as well, you as the fan took the L because now they're not in your town anymore.

The Skins get much more criticism because of what @frush11 said. It's why people are mad at the Knicks' incompetence, why people shamed the Sixers for Trusting the Process, why the Mets get hammered for being run like a mom and pop organization. It's because many feel this type of bullshyt is beneath these teams.

I'd rather deal with the week or 2 of hurt than the decades getting financially fukked by a billionaire