Next Year I Made a Vow to Beat "Souls Like" Games, Gid Gud Brehs give ya Marsupial some tips

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Tip: don't play demons souls :to:and don't start with dark souls 2 actually just skip ds2 not worth it.

Also Bloodborne is still locked at 30 fps so basically feels unplayable in 2023 for an action game

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Tip: don't play demons souls :to:and don't start with dark souls 2 actually just skip ds2 not worth it.

Also Bloodborne is still locked at 30 fps so basically feels unplayable in 2023 for an action game

I tried to get Demon Souls to run on my Deck and even my Steam Deck was like :whoa:. Brought back cold dark memories of trying to get past the first part of the game and dying left and right:why:

I heard so many mixed emotions about DS2. There's folks that despite the game, and others that praise it.

Some say that its the hardest of the series, while others just take it in stride.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Man I came offa 4 year hiatus trying to beat that dude. I had to relearn the controls during that fight. Needless to say, I was very frustrated.

I ended up beating that boy ass by just going in aggressive and backing him to a corner multiple times. That way when he tried to back step and shoot that arrow, his sword is not drawn and he open for a lick. The quicker you can get his health down the faster his posture will build up.

When he jumps to shoot that arrow, you got time to get a quick lick in and dodge.

You mentioned the thrust counter.

I used the forward jumping slash (l1+r1) to close the gap a lot of time to try and get catch him off guard after he finished a spinning slash attack or something

Also deflect everything you can, not just block. And attack as often as you can, while watching your posture. Timing is everything. It all adds up.

Knowing his tells, combos, when he will use certain attacks, will have you feeling like ultra instinct goku lol.

Here’s my play against him. It wasn’t my best against him (took some stupid hits) but beat him pretty convincingly I feel.

I played more in the hole. I was on his ass. Maybe I should’ve backed off a bit and not gone in so aggressive. :dame:

I’d show you but don’t know how to record them flicks.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Man I came offa 4 year hiatus trying to beat that dude. I had to relearn the controls during that fight. Needless to say, I was very frustrated.

I ended up beating that boy ass by just going in aggressive and backing him to a corner multiple times. That way when he tried to back step and shoot that arrow, his sword is not drawn and he open for a lick. The quicker you can get his health down the faster his posture will build up.

When he jumps to shoot that arrow, you got time to get a quick lick in and dodge.

You mentioned the thrust counter.

I used the forward jumping slash (l1+r1) to close the gap a lot of time to try and get catch him off guard after he finished a spinning slash attack or something

Also deflect everything you can, not just block. And attack as often as you can, while watching your posture. Timing is everything. It all adds up.

Knowing his tells, combos, when he will use certain attacks, will have you feeling like ultra instinct goku lol.

Here’s my play against him. It wasn’t my best against him (took some stupid hits) but beat him pretty convincingly I feel.

seriously, do you record before hand or is the 5 always recording? If it is, how do you post gameplay footage on the coli? assuming this is ps5

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
seriously, do you record before hand or is the 5 always recording? If it is, how do you post gameplay footage on the coli? assuming this is ps5
Yea it’s always recording.

You can just press the share button and it gives you the options for several clips with different lengths of time (3m 5m, 15m etc).

You can link your Twitter and or your YouTube and post directly.

You can also down load it to a usb and upload it from your computer.

Lastly, you can have clips upload to the ps app automatically if they are 3 mins or smaller. You can download the clips to your phone/tablet and post that way. You just need to enable the option on both the app and ps5.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yea it’s always recording.

You can just press the share button and it gives you the options for several clips with different lengths of time (3m 5m, 15m etc).

You can link your Twitter and or your YouTube and post directly.

You can also down load it to a usb and upload it from your computer.

Lastly, you can have clips upload to the ps app automatically if they are 3 mins or smaller. You can download the clips to your phone/tablet and post that way. You just need to enable the option on both the app and ps5.
I'll see if I can find the battle and upload it

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I don't believe in playing games that feel like work

That's why I don't fukk with COD

The thing with the Souls series is not so much "work", but more of using logic in dire circumstances. Its RPG chess with a big award. There's a difference between grinding just to grind vs grinding to survive.

On that note, after three damn hours, I finally beat the first boss on Dark Souls 1 and beaten my first on Elden Ring. Folks never lie about these games being good as hell. Yes, these games are hard as fukk, but once you get the feel of it, its all logic and human error. You don't die in these games because of video game nonsense, you die in these games because you fukked up.

The shyt falls on you:ufdup:, not the trash skeleton crew. Why would you go into a room with a bunch of enemies with swords? Why would you go near a bridge like shyt isn't going to pop off in an instant?

Trust the process, learn from your mistakes, get good, and die a lot.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The thing with the Souls series is not so much "work", but more of using logic in dire circumstances. Its RPG chess with a big award. There's a difference between grinding just to grind vs grinding to survive.

On that note, after three damn hours, I finally beat the first boss on Dark Souls 1 and beaten my first on Elden Ring. Folks never lie about these games being good as hell. Yes, these games are hard as fukk, but once you get the feel of it, its all logic and human error. You don't die in these games because of video game nonsense, you die in these games because you fukked up.

The shyt falls on you:ufdup:, not the trash skeleton crew. Why would you go into a room with a bunch of enemies with swords? Why would you go near a bridge like shyt isn't going to pop off in an instant?

Trust the process, learn from your mistakes, get good, and die a lot.

Yeah, thats why when the enemies respawn they always respawn in the same place, it so you learn the patterns. Theres no cheap, surprise deaths in these games. Once you learn how to deal with one group of enemies you shouldn’t forget.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Yeah, thats why when the enemies respawn they always respawn in the same place, it so you learn the patterns. Theres no cheap, surprise deaths in these games. Once you learn how to deal with one group of enemies you shouldn’t forget.

The one thing that stuck to me during the play session was the importance of knowing surroundings. For instance, there were a shyt load of mobs near a campfire, you could continue to kill them and keep dying....or you could kill them and farm souls to go to the near merchant that can help you get better gear.

Then the bridge boss...

You have mobs shooting arrows at you, while this big ass monster swinging for the fences. Behold to the side there is a bridge, you go up there and eliminate the nuisance.

Then you cross paths with the monster, you noticed the bridge is narrow and his big ass just not giving a shyt. Let him swing and miss off the fukking cliff.

EZ win :wow:

Stuff like that just hits different now, versus when I was younger and on the verge of F5'ing my PS3.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The one thing that stuck to me during the play session was the importance of knowing surroundings. For instance, there were a shyt load of mobs near a campfire, you could continue to kill them and keep dying....or you could kill them and farm souls to go to the near merchant that can help you get better gear.

Then the bridge boss...

You have mobs shooting arrows at you, while this big ass monster swinging for the fences. Behold to the side there is a bridge, you go up there and eliminate the nuisance.

Then you cross paths with the monster, you noticed the bridge is narrow and his big ass just not giving a shyt. Let him swing and miss off the fukking cliff.

EZ win :wow:

Stuff like that just hits different now, versus when I was younger and on the verge of F5'ing my PS3.

Bridge bosses are my favorite souls bosses, dont ask me why lol

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
When fighting enemies have poise, stay in the pocket, attack and dodge out at the right time.
Yep stick and move. Parry or die. I rarely use a shield in RPG games (because I play mage), but I hold the shield like a holy bible. I feel wrong without it.

Bridge bosses are my favorite souls bosses, dont ask me why lol

:mjgrin:I see why

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Elden-Ring-Murkwater-Catacombs-Grave-Warden-Duelist.jpg

This cocksucker took almost a hour to beat, but I manage to light his ass up and staff him to death.