Next Year I Made a Vow to Beat "Souls Like" Games, Gid Gud Brehs give ya Marsupial some tips

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Breh I had to regroup from this shyt and ended up playing Dark Souls 1. Whats crazy is that the game mechanics click with me to the point where it felt more accessible than Elden Ring.

Dark souls 1 is a very focused (and slower) game and if you want a game where magic TRULY feels op, thats the one. Sorcery is flat out broken in DS1

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Elden Ring is easier than the rest because of open world. You're barely in any danger traversing through the game, can farm xp earlier, get strong stuff earlier, and you got these AI summons that are broken.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Elden Ring is easier than the rest because of open world. You're barely in any danger traversing through the game, can farm xp earlier, get strong stuff earlier, and you got these AI summons that are broken.

It really is between DS1 and ER, while the open world nature allows you to explore and get strong it also requires a much longer time commitment which a lot of people aren’t gonna be willing to do.

You can beat DS1 in what, 35 hours? Thats like limgrave alone if you really do what people suggest to get stronger. The spirit ashes are also a huge advantage but they build some bosses around them which is also annoying.

I think DS1 is just all around easier in general though, no matter what build you use. Theres almost no boss in that game that i would put toe to toe next to the harder bosses of other souls games. If there is a top 10 list out there I don’t think DS1 getting even one fight in there for difficulty.

The hardest boss in DS1 is Orstein and Smough which are just like bigger versions of godskin duo

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
OP, I'm playing Sekiro, and what seemed to help me more than anything else was slowing down. I mashed buttons too fast, trying to get my licks in and would get caught in an attack and then lose the battle. I also count when fighting an enemy. I'd count the enemy's strikes, then count how many strikes I could get in before I got struck. So far, so good. I'm still early in the game. Maybe all this will be useless later in the game :manny:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
OP, I'm playing Sekiro, and what seemed to help me more than anything else was slowing down. I mashed buttons too fast, trying to get my licks in and would get caught in an attack and then lose the battle. I also count when fighting an enemy. I'd count the enemy's strikes, then count how many strikes I could get in before I got struck. So far, so good. I'm still early in the game. Maybe all this will be useless later in the game :manny:

I'm a sucker for parrying and sword play hence why the game been on my radar. Right now, I'm just getting my toes into the Souls games before I let my nuts hang with Sekiro :dame:

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
ive picked up bloodborne, dark souls, sekiro and elden ring. bloodborne was the only one i made real progress in and its the game of that generation imo. thats a game everyone should play so ill give some advice.

just take it one enemy at a time, use the ranged melee attacks (not the gun) for crowd control and always have a system in place where you are observing the enemys moves first before just diving in and attacking

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
ive picked up bloodborne, dark souls, sekiro and elden ring. bloodborne was the only one i made real progress in and its the game of that generation imo. thats a game everyone should play so ill give some advice.

just take it one enemy at a time, use the ranged melee attacks (not the gun) for crowd control and always have a system in place where you are observing the enemys moves first before just diving in and attacking

That's one thing that I love about them Souls games, it's the patience game. It's like chess with swords and magic. Too eager you are dead, too slow you are dead.

You got to find the perfect medium with it. I'm going to try to go back to Elden Ring, but Dark Souls just hits so different for some strange reason. I can't put my finger on it.

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
It will be useless later in the game :umad:

I didn’t make it to later in the game, I’m just hating :mjcry:

I'm a sucker for parrying and sword play hence why the game been on my radar. Right now, I'm just getting my toes into the Souls games before I let my nuts hang with Sekiro :dame:
You shoulda paused saying you a sucker for sword play :dame:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It will be useless later in the game :umad:

I didn’t make it to later in the game, I’m just hating :mjcry:

You shoulda paused saying you a sucker for sword play :dame:
I beat Ginchiro and the monkeys. So far, it still works.

Ginchiro had me hot though. I almost beat him the first time so I thought he was a layup. 10+ tries later had me yelling, calling myself an idiot for getting tight and mis-timing his thrust.

My daughter came in the room like :skip: and said I wasn’t dumb and gave me a hug.

:mjlol: That’s when I knew I had to take a breather.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Ginchiro had me hot though. I almost beat him the first time so I thought he was a layup. 10+ tries later had me yelling, calling myself an idiot for getting tight and mis-timing his thrust.
full
I'm starting to understand some things about the people who play these games.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I beat Ginchiro and the monkeys. So far, it still works.

My daughter came in the room like :skip: and said I wasn’t dumb and gave me a hug.

:mjlol: That’s when I knew I had to take a breather.
Man I came offa 4 year hiatus trying to beat that dude. I had to relearn the controls during that fight. Needless to say, I was very frustrated.

I ended up beating that boy ass by just going in aggressive and backing him to a corner multiple times. That way when he tried to back step and shoot that arrow, his sword is not drawn and he open for a lick. The quicker you can get his health down the faster his posture will build up.

When he jumps to shoot that arrow, you got time to get a quick lick in and dodge.

You mentioned the thrust counter.

I used the forward jumping slash (l1+r1) to close the gap a lot of time to try and get catch him off guard after he finished a spinning slash attack or something

Also deflect everything you can, not just block. And attack as often as you can, while watching your posture. Timing is everything. It all adds up.

Knowing his tells, combos, when he will use certain attacks, will have you feeling like ultra instinct goku lol.

Here’s my play against him. It wasn’t my best against him (took some stupid hits) but beat him pretty convincingly I feel.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Man I came offa 4 year hiatus trying to beat that dude. I had to relearn the controls during that fight. Needless to say, I was very frustrated.

I ended up beating that boy ass by just going in aggressive and backing him to a corner multiple times. That way when he tried to back step and shoot that arrow, his sword is not drawn and he open for a lick. The quicker you can get his health down the faster his posture will build up.

When he jumps to shoot that arrow, you got time to get a quick lick in and dodge.

You mentioned the thrust counter.

I used the forward jumping slash (l1+r1) to close the gap a lot of time to try and get catch him off guard after he finished a spinning slash attack or something

Also deflect everything you can, not just block. And attack as often as you can, while watching your posture. Timing is everything. It all adds up.

Knowing his tells, combos, when he will use certain attacks, will have you feeling like ultra instinct goku lol.

Here’s my play against him. It wasn’t my best against him (took some stupid hits) but beat him pretty convincingly I feel.

Damn :ehh: