Reppin
Tha Land

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There's a "window" on ALL 3rd party exclusives. We don't know how long it is, and we don't know what square plans to do afterwords. Saying its a "forgone conclusion" or "it'll be on ps4 in 3 months" is wishful thinking at this point.
Let's not carry this conversation on like either of us was born yesterday. We all know where this is headed well before it gets there. It will be on the PS4, when is anyone's guess but it will be on there. I won't be getting it on PS4 but it's going to happen regardless.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Let's not carry this conversation on like either of us was born yesterday. We all know where this is headed well before it gets there. It will be on the PS4, when is anyone's guess but it will be on there. I won't be getting it on PS4 but it's going to happen regardless.

People were convinced Titanfall was coming to PS4 what happened there?

I thought MGS5 would end up on Xbox like previous games did. That never happened.

In the interview you posted Phil spencer said the deal was just like with Dead Rising and Ryse. Those never came to ps4.

They might wait and put out the full trilogy on PS4 in a couple years. The game/studio could bomb and future versions canceled. There's way too many "what ifs" to make any definite statements about where the game will end up.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People were convinced Titanfall was coming to PS4 what happened there?

I thought MGS5 would end up on Xbox like previous games did. That never happened.

In the interview you posted Phil spencer said the deal was just like with Dead Rising and Ryse. Those never came to ps4.

They might wait and put out the full trilogy on PS4 in a couple years. The game/studio could bomb and future versions canceled. There's way too many "what ifs" to make any definite statements about where the game will end up.
:rudy:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Sony Fanboy: I'm sure the Exclusivity only last 1 week to 3 months :to:

(Tomb Raider PS4 edition coming Fall 2016 if ever)

Translation: Where Greatness uh-waits :damn:
If Crystal Dynamics want to make some money they would be fools to wait very long to release on PS4/PC. Because right now they are giving the 5th lucaritive place to play video games a exclusive :wtf:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
2595769-6025156735-india.jpg

any Indiana Jones game...why the fukk is this not happening?
whips, guns and Nazis!!! :ohlawd:

this should have been a gaming franchise a long time ago.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Every 3rd party exclusive is "timed" unless the platform holder owns the IP. It just depends on how long and what square enix wants to do with the game. People are just reaching to make themselves feel better. It may never come to ps4, it may come in 6 months, it may come in some sort of collection a couple years later.

Saying "any logical customer will wait" is off base a bit.

Gears and Heavy rain were third party exclusives and they werent "timed". And I dont see how that is off base.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
If "timed" exclusivity is the case, I don't see the point in the deal if Microsoft is holding it for less than 6 months. It's possible the game could never drop for PS4 and the limited window breaking could just be for PC.

Microsoft is showing business savvy by making moves with EA and Square-Enix on the low, I have a feeling there is more that will be put on the table in the future.

EDIT: Oh and for the record, according to IGN, TR sold over 7M copies. Not bad numbers.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If "timed" exclusivity is the case, I don't see the point in the deal if Microsoft is holding it for less than 6 months. It's possible the game could never drop for PS4 and the limited window breaking could just be for PC.

Microsoft is showing business savvy by making moves with EA and Square-Enix on the low, I have a feeling there is more that will be put on the table in the future.

EDIT: Oh and for the record, according to IGN, TR sold over 7M copies. Not bad numbers.

But betting on a system that is losing ground in sales by the hour with its main competitor is not good business. Couple that with the fact I'd never trust EA, so it wouldn't shock me to see them starting to suck the Playstation brand off again soon.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But betting on a system that is losing ground in sales by the hour with its main competitor is not good business. Couple that with the fact I'd never trust EA, so it wouldn't shock me to see them starting to suck the Playstation brand off again soon.
Xbox doesn't have to sell more than ps4 for tomb raider to be profitable. Sony would not provide the type of development/financial/advertising support without ownership of the IP. It's a win for all parties involved

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Xbox doesn't have to sell more than ps4 for tomb raider to be profitable. Sony would not provide the type of development/financial/advertising support without ownership of the IP. It's a win for all parties involved

But if they were struggling with the reboot sales near 7 million, how in the hell would an exclusive platform make them more profitable