Next Tomb Raider TIMED EXCLUSIVE to Xbox One

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Sound like it might be timed exclusive as they you the developer qutoes "coming Holiday 2015" and doesn't clarify further.

Just finished the game on PS4 it was a welcomed surprise of how good it was after so many luke warmn/trash TR releases.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
It's hilarious because MS thinks this will move systems but it just make them look bad as always :heh:
I dunno breh. The last Tomb Raider game was pretty well liked. I don't expect it to move systems, as the people who really want a Xbone are gonna buy it for that halo bullshyt this year.

But if they do a really good job marketing the exclusivity, it could do numbers. I doubt it though. Sony needs to strike back at these dudes though. They're playing a passive ass game. Between this and the EA deal, Xbone ain't lookin TERRIBLE anymore.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
pretty sure this thread gonna boil down to some ms vs sony thing, so i'll just drop my thoughts and leave:

i like the move of ms getting the next tomb raider to be exclusive....it provides them an established franchise to put in the same lane as uncharted, instead of having to try a new franchise...also, gives 1 owners a potentially good game...sucks for me, being a ps4 owner, but by the time it comes out, i may get a 1....

Plexxx

Return of the G
Daps
Reppin
Mobile, AL
I dunno breh. The last Tomb Raider game was pretty well liked. I don't expect it to move systems, as the people who really want a Xbone are gonna buy it for that halo bullshyt this year.

But if they do a really good job marketing the exclusivity, it could do numbers. I doubt it though. Sony needs to strike back at these dudes though. They're playing a passive ass game. Between this and the EA deal, Xbone ain't lookin TERRIBLE anymore.

Yeah it was a great game but it's not a GTA, call of duty, madden, 2k (just examples) where if it was exclusive it could make a console #1

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
pretty obvious that as of right now this is timed though. still funny to see people :mad:

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
Dear Tomb Raider Community,

As you may have seen, we’ve just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox. We consider all of you to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider and the work we do at Crystal. I’d like to give you some insight into this decision, and why we feel this is the very best thing for the Tomb Raider sequel we’re creating at the studio.

Tomb Raider in 2013 was a success due in large part to your continued support. Our goal has always been to deliver something truly special with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Today’s announcement with Microsoft is one step to help us put Tomb Raider on top of action adventure gaming. Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011. We know they will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past - we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft.

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

We know that there are probably many more questions and concerns. Please do send them to us, and we’ll answer to the best of our ability. Meanwhile we’re going all out to try and make something truly special - the most ambitious Tomb Raider game ever built.

Thanks,

Darrell Gallagher
Crystal Dynamics Head of Studios

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dear Tomb Raider Community,

As you may have seen, we’ve just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox. We consider all of you to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider and the work we do at Crystal. I’d like to give you some insight into this decision, and why we feel this is the very best thing for the Tomb Raider sequel we’re creating at the studio.

Tomb Raider in 2013 was a success due in large part to your continued support. Our goal has always been to deliver something truly special with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Today’s announcement with Microsoft is one step to help us put Tomb Raider on top of action adventure gaming. Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011. We know they will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past - we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft.

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

We know that there are probably many more questions and concerns. Please do send them to us, and we’ll answer to the best of our ability. Meanwhile we’re going all out to try and make something truly special - the most ambitious Tomb Raider game ever built.

Thanks,

Darrell Gallagher
Crystal Dynamics Head of Studios
:mjlol: