Next steps: Republicans say they're repealing minority-targeted scholarship programs

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

MADISON - Assembly Speaker Robin Vos indicated Republicans will move to repeal state laws and programs based on race — including a state-run scholarship program for students of color — following a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that struck down the consideration of race in college admissions.
"We are reviewing the decision and will introduce legislation to correct the discriminatory laws on the books and pass repeals in the fall," Vos, a Republican of Rochester, tweeted Thursday.

Vos was referring to the Minority Undergraduate Retention Grant program, which provides scholarships ranging from $250 to $2,500 to Black, Native American, Hispanic or Southeast Asian students to attend technical colleges, private nonprofit colleges and tribal colleges.
The Higher Educational Aids Board, which administers the program, did not respond to a request for comment. A similar grant program is available for students of color attending University of Wisconsin System schools.

:beli:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Tough week for bothsides set.

In before they blame this on black immigrants, POC, and feminists.

you bringing up bothsides instead of what the DEMS are gonna do to fight back against this...:what: is really fukking bizzare and this is the bullshyt i keep on about...:beli: but whatever bothsides are to blame yadda yadda yadda

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
you bringing up bothsides instead of what the DEMS are gonna do to fight back against this...:what: is really fukking bizzare and this is the bullshyt i keep on about...:beli: but whatever bothsides are to blame yadda yadda yadda
Are you planning to vote for the Dems?
If not then what the hell are you talking about?

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Tough week for bothsides set.

In before they blame this on black immigrants, POC, and feminists.

The more they take away, the closer we get to getting tangibles.
full

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Nothing, why would you expect them too?
Democrats are controlled opposition. They'll try but they won't go as hard as Republicans would in a similar situation. America has done its very best to snuff out its left wingers, and billionaire money flows into the democratic party to prop up its most conservative members(like Joe manchin) and push that party right.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Nope... they dont win without my vote I guess...:troll:
It's not even about winning or losing, I'm just tryna figure how or why you want the one party you're not voting for... to do something about the OTHER party you're also not voting for :dwillhuh: I don't wanna assume though, are you voting for Republicans?