Next Man Up: Dallas Cowboys War Room Draft Thread

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
truth be told we wont know till time passes by cuz who were good college dont mean in nfl they will be hell some of the cats in later rounds turn out too be pro bowlers

as long as we draft for positions we need i aint gonna sweat it and let their on field play dictate how good they are

just wish my cowboys has scouts like my spurs then i aint really gotta worry as often :to:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Gardener any good?

With solid performances at the Combine, Murphy and Mauro's efforts on Thursday were helpful but not necessarily critical to their grades. Three-year starting defensive end (and shocking Combine omission) Ben Gardner, however, took full advantage of his opportunity to work out for scouts, recording a 39.5" vertical and a 10-2" broad jump - numbers that would've ranked second and tied for fifth, respectively, among defensive linemen tested in Indianapolis.

The 6-foot-4, 262 pound Gardner also was clocked in at 6.78 seconds in the 3-cone drill and 4.83 seconds in the 40-yard dash. These explosive numbers provide quantitative evidence of the athleticism Gardner demonstrates on tape. Like Murphy, Gardner is viewed by some as a 'tweener but he's shown the grit to handle remaining on the defensive line as well as enough fluidity and instincts to operate as a linebacker.