Newsom Orders Removal of Homeless Camps

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
This removal is only for state property, ie. CA gov buildings and the freeway/overpass system....

This is not a complete removal from whole cities

bnew

Veteran
Daps
No real fix for homelessness. Not everyone wants to pay rent, have a job, or be part of the system

provide affordable housing and even free housing for the mentally ill. the cost\benefits are immediate. Less, violence, less vagrancy and property damage. Less crime, which will lead to police resources being devoted to more serious matters.

housing and mental health treatment for the homeless would go a long way to improving things.

'It’s a miracle': Helsinki's radical solution to homelessness

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/sunday/the...finland-is-eradicating-homelessness-1.5437402

The city with no homeless on its streets

Finland's ‘Housing First' policy proves that homelessness is avoidable

1.2. The History of Housing First - Housing First Europe Hub

Daps
You answers your own question. Those types should be in jail or an institution
definitely don't agree with that. so many people like a bad break away from being homeless . Cali spends so Much money on the problem but it goes to crooked people who could help fix the issue / help some people but don't want to.

its a complex issue

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
definitely don't agree with that. so many people like a bad break away from being homeless . Cali spends so Much money on the problem but it goes to crooked people who couldn't fix the issue but don't want to

its a complex issue
bad break from being homeless is not what you described. People that just want to be terrorizing folks, shytting on sidewalks and shooting up all day acting like the laws don’t apply to them because they are bums should be jailed. Why are these deadbeats coddled and allowed to operate like that

Daps
bad break from being homeless is not what you described. People that just want to be terrorizing folks, shytting on sidewalks and shooting up all day acting like the laws don’t apply to them because they are bums should be jailed. Why are these deadbeats coddled and allowed to operate like that
for sure . I agree with not being allowed to camp out on public streets .
they still need some place to go , my brother and homeless people in my city stay outta sight .

making it illegal to be homeless is inhumane

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Btw.

This sort of mentality was founded in anti-Blackness.

This is woven into deeply into American culture and it isn't about helping anyone just
keeping up appearances.
This is why I find that "don't break the law" language on here from "Black" folks absolutely insane.
smh.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
for sure . I agree with not being allowed to camp out on public streets .
they still need some place to go , my brother and homeless people in my city stay outta sight .

making it illegal to be homeless is inhumane
Where’d they go when newsom cleaned up for the Chinese

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
There was funding given to cities to do something about the problem. In Fresno they removed a lot of camps(especially along the freeway). Local police would go in and remove them. They took a strip of old motels and made them into shelter for the homeless. Obviously the big problem is them being strung out on drugs and not really taking advantage of the help. But funding was provided to develop shelter for the homeless.

Newsom has been the only Governor to give a shyt about the Central Valley. He has provided funding to upgrade our infrastructure here. High speed rail construction is visible and has been moving along at a good pace once they got past all the environmental hurdles and buying out land rights from farmers that took years to get past. It could be faster, but the progress is there.

Daps
honestly they should start sending the out of town homeless back to their home states. that one way bus ride shyt is beyond fukked up

We went to Denver last year, and our car service driver said they bus homeless from California to Denver when we asked about the homeless tents right as you enter the city. City center Denver is literally nice buildings with bums walking the streets. We went to Jamba Juice, and the lady working there asked us where we were from, because of the way we dressed and spoke. I witnessed my first smash and grab from the Target.

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
Skid row is now prime real estate with all the apartment towers that have been built DTLA…they built that one for the homeless because they know they about to clear that shyt