Newsom Orders Removal of Homeless Camps

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
I don't think it's just the worst of the worst living in those places. Rent and utilities are high asf. Im pretty sure it's people w/ actual lives who live in those places as well. They could be putting the fries in your bag
That's all part of the issue though

If someone wants to live outside like that, there shouldn't be a law penalizing them

But I'm not talking about someone out on their luck, someone who got fukked over by a landlord, those people need housing, rent needs to be capped, there's solutions for ppl like that the govt. won't even attempt

The addicts and schizo mfs who smell like shyt, abusing public restrooms, hassling people, actively being a nuisance, they need to be dealt with at some point

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Nahh those places were inhumane

You have to accept that some people don't want to live the way you do and that can't be criminalized in a free country

Slab City, California can be a good model for how to structure things

They can give them a certain amount of time and then bus them all from Los Angeles to California City and let them develop the unfinished portions of the city
I'm not against anyone choosing to stay off the grid, I'm against shyt not being done about severely mentally ill homeless ppl who actively disturb and accost ppl

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
most of the people on the street are drug users. real homeless will appreciate the help. the drug users and criddlers are gonna hate this. GOOD.

it shouldve never been allowed to get like this. its an absolute failure of the state. there have always been homeless people out west traditionally but the rise of opioids and meth and the coddling of the homeless is why they act with impunity. i hate to see people thrown in jail but some of these junkies need somewhere to sit down and dry out for a few months.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I wonder where they'll go.

Need more efforts to root these traffickers out of the city. Gangs are to powerful in the county. And these weirdos looking for drug money keep kids inside.

Maybe they need designated lots for them to sleep in that are patrolled by cops.

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is great news. But in this thread, you will have people commenting that have never actually had to live around these homeless encampments. Homeless roaming around like zombies, leaving drug paraphernalia, urine, and feces everywhere. Pestering you for things. It ruins some of the best cities in California. I just might move back to Cali off of this news. :blessed:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
I'm not against anyone choosing to stay off the grid, I'm against shyt not being done about severely mentally ill homeless ppl who actively disturb and accost ppl
There are laws against this behavior already

And it's really not them being "homeless" as the most pertinent requisite of this behavior, its mental derangement - if these people were lifted out of poverty and placed into a residence the same conditions will likely ensue

They need to use the existing laws

If you listen to a Hollywood police scanner nearly 80 percent of everything over the radio is regarding deranged behavior by a vagrant

This is worthwhile entertainment so give it a try:

Daps
I don't know what can be done. lot of homeless don't want help. just No rules and not being told what to do .
I really don't know what the state can do.
its a tough issue and I have a brother who was homeless for years recently . he's now in prison.

they aren't allowed in the actual city where I reside but there's a river bed and big closed off nature area where they live ( my brother lived there )

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
most of the people on the street are drug users. real homeless will appreciate the help. the drug users and criddlers are gonna hate this. GOOD.

it shouldve never been allowed to get like this. its an absolute failure of the state. there have always been homeless people out west traditionally but the rise of opioids and meth and the coddling of the homeless is why they act with impunity. i hate to see people thrown in jail but some of these junkies need somewhere to sit down and dry out for a few months.
Jail isn't the right place for recovery,

A similar judicial outcome needs to lend to an alternative rehabilitation facility

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
I don't know what can be done. lot of homeless don't want help. just No rules and not being told what to do .
its a tough issue and I have a brother who was homeless for years recently . he's now in prison.
You answers your own question. Those types should be in jail or an institution

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps

they aren't allowed in the actual city where I reside but there's a river bed and big closed off nature area where they live ( my brother lived there )
If that were my family member I'd make a documentary and use it to raise money for them

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Wrecking homeless encampments isn't what people meant by "do something".

The problem with liberals is they don't want to see homelessness or the failures of their country.

They'd rather it's just kept out of view and we let things continue as normal.

This is not the solution many people want, it's just the one they're getting.
This is exactly what people meant when they say do something. Homeless people shouldn’t be disrupting everyday citizens quality of life
Man’s is concerned about the optics of his state being a shythole now that he is gonna be running for something. Worried about homeless and crime etc. “Oakland please pursue criminals” is wild to even have to say. if you don’t think that’s disingenuous then maybe you have the dems dikks too far down your throat
This isn’t about Dems. It’s about politicians and activist that fight for criminal justice reforms that are nothing more than excusing criminals

Public safety should be your top priority as an local elected official and giving slaps on the wrist to criminals will never work