New Year 2018 Fitness Challenge. Starts Jan 1st!! Anyone down?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
no they dont, unless you're really fukking up protein and working out so hard that your body burns muscle - most people aren't doing that. furthermore, when you're talking about the average person (esp a woman) who just wants to lose weight - calories are all that matter, weight training will preserve lean mass and help you not look like a lump - you don't have to get deep into macros. plenty folks get great results with a typical 50-60% carb diet just like others with 50% fat diet....calories.
Yup i used to be like this and had the same train of thought until i did my own research. Its more then just calories in vs calories out especially when u wondering why u hitting a plateau at 12-14% BF and cant get lower.

Heres a nice updated article for u

Is "Calories In, Calories Out": A Weight-Loss Myth Or The Truth?

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yup i used to be like this and had the same train of thought until i did my own research. Its more then just calories in vs calories out especially when u wondering why u hitting a plateau at 12-14% BF and cant get lower.

Heres a nice updated article for u

Is "Calories In, Calories Out": A Weight-Loss Myth Or The Truth?
I too am not a dude nor am I working toward that level of elite fitness. As I stated in my first reply, the average person getting in shape or losing weight doesn't need to pay attention to macros unless they're really fukking up their nutrition ratios or have a true sensitivity to carbs. Yes, the Uber elite pushing toward the most minimal fat levels may want to pay attention to macros, but being honest, that's probably <5% of the US population.

And quite honestly, even as a female I got into my best shape ever a decade ago - 20% BF - by simply eating small amounts of food and weight lifting - no calories or macros crossed my mind.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I too am not a dude nor am I working toward that level of elite fitness. As I stated in my first reply, the average person getting in shape or losing weight doesn't need to pay attention to macros unless they're really fukking up their nutrition ratios or have a true sensitivity to carbs. Yes, the Uber elite pushing toward the most minimal fat levels may want to pay attention to macros, but being honest, that's probably <5% of the US population.

And quite honestly, even as a female I got into my best shape ever a decade ago - 20% BF - by simply eating small amounts of food and weight lifting - no calories or macros crossed my mind.

Well in my 8 years of lifting and dieting, i gotta respectfully disagree. Id hit my goals much sooner had i known now what i know. But it is what it is

Kex

All Star
Daps
I got busy yesterday for the eagles game my weight is about to be crazy :snoop:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
2nks9z4.jpg

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
I fell off... went on vacay... didn't work out or eat properly...

Tried to get back on my the wagon this week. Key word. Tried

I am still down an overall 2lbs for the month but that ain't the business

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
I’ve cut down my meat intake even more. Good vegetarian recipes are hard to find though. I have my usual that I keep in rotation, but I need more.

I also tried that intermittent fasting that I heard about. A few days this week, I didn’t eat my first meal until about 2pm. Last meal by 8. Really all that happened was I felt sluggish, and had a major headache by the end of the day. So I don’t think that’s for me.

Other than that, I’m still doing my home workouts which is mainly body weight. Next week I’m going to start back on cardio. I don’t like the cold, and I don’t like running in the cold, so I the last time I ran was a month ago. Hopefully my endurance/stamina is still good.

• Dap
Reactions: Kex

Kex

All Star
Daps
Scale kept playing with me today
gnvpl1A.jpg

It said I was 180 still but kept cutting off to this. I’m surprised I actually didn’t gain because I haven’t worked out barely at all this week. I’m gonna meal prep tonight though and I do some lifting for an hour tomorrow. I WILL get down to 165 at the least before this challenge is over. Just gotta stop slacking

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I was 165 earlier today, I'm full of food right now and fluctuate between 165-168.

Goal is to get to a solid 175 in 90 days before cutting....I'm 5'8. Haven't been over 170 in 3 years. I'm pretty lean and muscular at the moment but want some more mass on me this winter.

About to start using creatine this week so I definitely should be around 170 or a little over by Feb.

2e0mw53.jpg

I'll take it :ehh:

Goal was met. Strength has gone up. Muscles are nice and full right now with creatine and wataaa. Still see muscle separation and abs.

Right now I'm deciding whether I should bulk the full 90 days or end it March and start shredding. I started this bulk late and I don't like pigging out when it's warm. And it's not like I'm gonna put on muscle forreal this time around. This mini bulk was really just to get me back to lifting heavy and eating at a calorie surplus after a long time of not doing it.

March isn't that cold imo so idk. Would be great to already be shredded by mid May too.

Goal next month is to get to 175 and continue getting stronger.

14twoy9.jpg

Kex

All Star
Daps
6nJk3jk.jpg

Super bowl and all I was still able to control myself for the most part this week. I’m following my macros more now and not killing myself trying to do Keto so much but I’m still losing weight. I’ve been heavily doing cardio and not so much weights this week so maybe that explains all the loss. Either way I’m happy. Gonna do weights tomorrow though