New Xbox in 2026 with 2 SKUs Handheld Switch Hybrid/High End Device

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The handheld market is already oversaturated, and if you can play everything xbox on pc, why get an xbox branded handheld over something else?

Daps
The handheld would have a better chance. They'd be trying to control a middle market in between the Switch and Steam Deck. That might be doable bceause Steam Deck is a premium product in terms of price and also isn't established in the handheld market like Sony or Nintendo are in the home console/handheld markets. They could make a run at pricing out Steam with a less powerful, but cheaper handheld device. I can see that.

The home console would be DOA though.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Every market is saturated, people say sony squeezing out competition in the high end console market really think microsoft ain’t gonna get bodied by nintendo in the portable/hybrid market, not to mention the steamdeck and other 12 pc handhelds?

Nintendo have had the handheld market on lock since the 80’s.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every market is saturated, people say sony squeezing out competition in the high end console market really think microsoft ain’t gonna get bodied by nintendo in the portable/hybrid market, not to mention the steamdeck and other 12 pc handhelds?

Nintendo have had the handheld market on lock since the 80’s.
You can already play Xbox games on handhelds so I don’t know what the point of this is. Microsoft would be better off bundling gamepass with steam deck or asus rog if they want to go in the handheld direction. If it’s not going to have its own exclusives it’s going to be dead on arrival. Like it’s crazy how Microsoft keeps thinking they can hardware their way out of this issue that keeps occurring with them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You can already play Xbox games on handhelds so I don’t know what the point of this is. Microsoft would be better off bundling gamepass with steam deck or asus rog if they want to go in the handheld direction. If it’s not going to have its own exclusives it’s going to be dead on arrival. Like it’s crazy how Microsoft keeps thinking they can hardware their way out of this issue that keeps occurring with them.

Gamepass branded steamdecks with microsoft helping iwth distribution maybe. Idk it feels like the steamdecks main purpose is to get people into the steam eco system not really pc. It don’t even run windows out the box.

They’d have to go with asus or something

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The handheld market is already oversaturated, and if you can play everything xbox on pc, why get an xbox branded handheld over something else?
and they've already been putting in effort to make Windows more handheld friendly

there's definitely an appeal, and market, for a handheld Xbox. but I think they'd be better off improving their service on existing handhelds

Daps
The people who posted the rumors you claim xbrehs need to “cope” about are the same people that posted this rumor.

Please explain how their posts are laughable in one instance and breaking news in another?? :jbhmm:
I will answer that as soon as you tell me whether these are just cac tweets, and if so, are they worth listening to?

If you can also clarify whether or not Phil Spencer makes cac tweets or is just a cac who happens to tweet, and how those two things are different, that would be great. :jbhmm:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I will answer that as soon as you tell me whether these are just cac tweets, and if so, are they worth listening to?

If you can also clarify whether or not Phil Spencer makes cac tweets or is just a cac who happens to tweet, and how those two things are different, that would be great. :jbhmm:
it's basically the difference between first and third person information

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

It’s all cac teeets.

Y’all dueling cac tweets at this point.

cac tweets on cac tweets on cac tweets.

Phil spencer’s tweets are not cac tweets because they are official statements with a real person and a real career attached.

When Timdog tells you xbox is going 3rd party then 10 hours later says they have 3 new pieces of hardware in the works. It’s all cac tweets.

You goofies been riding off cac tweets for weeks now, but for some reason todays cac tweets are laughable to you. I wonder why :ohhh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
it's basically the difference between first and third person information
we’ve all played that game in school where one person tells a story on one side of the room, and by the time the story makes it around the room it’s some whole different shyt,

This is games “insiders” every day,

It seems people would figure out it’s all nonsense by now.

You don’t need to be an insider to know microsoft is kicking around plans for exclusivity and hardware right now.

Cac tweets just whip people into a frenzy over normal shyt :smh: