New Webseries Blue Collar Hustle (SEASON 2 AVAILABLE NOW)

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
GLOBAL??!!? Breh. You out here winning world wide ??!?? (That’s what that means right?) and where that drawing come from? It’s got the girls lookin cute!! Thinking of making em my avi’s soon. Clearly, this is getting your name around in a good way. Are you getting any grants or funding from other outlets? Have you gotten any new offers beyond the streaming deal? Has the filming budget increased? Will y’all have to stop midway :mjcry: :sadcam: & do a fundraiser to air the second half?? :lupe:

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Umm imma need a link to the hoodie Breh, you in MN so u know it’s cold here in Chicago. And how’s the guy’s dreads coming along? They getting any noticeable growth? Or are they leaving them as short twists w/o locking?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
GLOBAL??!!? Breh. You out here winning world wide ??!?? (That’s what that means right?) and where that drawing come from? It’s got the girls lookin cute!! Thinking of making em my avi’s soon. Clearly, this is getting your name around in a good way. Are you getting any grants or funding from other outlets? Have you gotten any new offers beyond the streaming deal? Has the filming budget increased? Will y’all have to stop midway :mjcry: :sadcam: & do a fundraiser to air the second half??

:lupe:

We are working out the filming schedule as we speak. We shot the first episode of season 2 and the teaser in early Oct. I hadn’t finished writing the entire season yet, now that I’m halfway done we are working on how to go about filming and getting locations in order

The drawing is our official series poster, we used it early on for marketing and such. The guy who plays Quan Banneker, his cousin designed it for us under my supervision.

We got a couple grants that were enough to get us back in preproduction for season 2, Im working on figuring out the remaining budget now. The goal is to NOT have to stop in the middle like we did last time to crowdfund. If crowdfunding becomes a reality it’ll be before we start filming again

The filming budget has increase because we are doing ten episodes for season 2 instead of six.

Umm imma need a link to the hoodie Breh, you in MN so u know it’s cold here in Chicago. And how’s the guy’s dreads coming along? They getting any noticeable growth? Or are they leaving them as short twists w/o locking?

I keep up with everything here, I rarely check the ig. But damnit this made me proud to see.

We aren’t in Minnesota lol we are based in Atlanta. The film festival we went to and won the award at was based in MN however. It was a great time.

The character Ajani who is growing his hair out is me lol. I’m not dreading it up just sponging it and I’m probably not going to grow it out any longer than it is now.

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
GRATS to you and your team. Very impressive!

I apologize if I asked this already, may have forgotten...but was this entire process pretty beneficial in terms of networking, meeting fellow artists or investors etc?

It was beneficial as far networking definitely and getting my name out as a creator worth checking for.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
You gotta send the series to these awards to Get nominated or what?

You submit, pay a small fee between $15-50 and they judge and decide whether or not you are accepted in the category you entered.

If you are selected that doesn’t necessarily mean you will be win or even be nominated. So a Nomination is an achievement in and of itself. A win is special because it means you were judged among other series/films and found to be the best.

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
We are working out the filming schedule as we speak. We shot the first episode of season 2 and the teaser in early Oct. I hadn’t finished writing the entire season yet, now that I’m halfway done we are working on how to go about filming and getting locations in order

The drawing is our official series poster, we used it early on for marketing and such. The guy who plays Quan Banneker, his cousin designed it for us under my supervision.

We got a couple grants that were enough to get us back in preproduction for season 2, Im working on figuring out the remaining budget now. The goal is to NOT have to stop in the middle like we did last time to crowdfund. If crowdfunding becomes a reality it’ll be before we start filming again

The filming budget has increase because we are doing ten episodes for season 2 instead of six.

We aren’t in Minnesota lol we are based in Atlanta. The film festival we went to and won the award at was based in MN however. It was a great time.

The character Ajani who is growing his hair out is me lol. I’m not dreading it up just sponging it and I’m probably not going to grow it out any longer than it is now.
Oohhh y’all idk why I figured y’all were in Minnesota or from Minnesota... it’s obviously the award part. As far as the spoiler alert of you and Ajani being the same person... I kinda figured that out by like episode 3. Now what imma need is a link to the hoodie since you knocking down building with this piff.
93232d440e5103bff937e1e104a10c2d.gif

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

The digital boom has given us the means to create and distribute what it is that we are missing in our media consumption in forms of music, movies, videos, and web series. The latest web series to take on a subject that might be overlooked by mainstream media is Blue Collar Hustle.

Blue Collar Hustle is a story about four young black men in Atlanta looking to change their fortunes through art, creativity, and imagination while juggling careers, family, and expectation. What we noticed about the series right from episode one is that it is positive and unapologetically black.

The series combines great writing and fantastic score to immerse you into the lives of the young hustlers. The series premiered back in February and Season 2 is set for 2018.

BE: What motivated the creation of “Blue Collar Hustle”?

Alonge Hawes: “Blue Collar Hustle” was born of several occurrences. Firstly, I was unsatisfied with the portrayals of young black millennials in mainstream media. You can count on one hand the number of shows on television which depict black men and women as anything more than uninspiring tropes and crass stereotypes. “Blue Collar Hustle” is my attempt to join in league with those who are rewriting the Black American story.

Secondly, I wanted to explore the relative conscious of the modern day black millennial and how that mindset is influenced by our forbearers. Many of our parents teach us growing up that our greatest assets lay in the pursuit of status, not necessarily the pursuit of dreams. We are taught as young children that there are plenty of rappers and athletes, but not enough black Doctors, Engineers, and Lawyers. There is almost an inherent fear amongst the black middle class that stereotype will be the destiny of our generation if we are not pushed towards so called ‘higher’ goals. I wanted to explore that concept.

Link to full interview

To be Young, Unapologetically Black, and a Hustler in 'Blue Collar Hustle' | Black Excellence

@Illeye buckmatic @-DMP- @True Blue Moon @Milk N Cookies @awkwardblackgirl @KaliOshun @MoonGoddess @Esco @Easy-E @mr.africa @Originalman @Tupac in a Business Suit @BmoreGorilla @obarth @Stacker Pentecost @Majestic @LinusCaldwell @LauderdaleBoss @UserNameless @Jax @MartyMcFly @malbaker86 @Piff Perkins @Soundbwoy @Soymuscle Mike @BXKingPin82 @ghostwriterx @General Mills @wire28 @Keyser Soze