"New Orleans Wasn't Messing with Jay Z, Cuz Tupac Said So"- Juvy

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Yeah I remember being one of the few Jay fans from reasonable up until about fiesta remix video dropping. I don't think it had anything to do with Pac. Most rap fans down here stuck with the regional stuff and there was a lot to choose from back then.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
I can see it. Pac died in 96 but already had run ins with No Limit/Rap A Lot/Dungeon Family in a time when East/West was running shyt. They resonate with Pac because Pac fukked with the South. That's where the respect comes in.

Jay fukked with the South but when they was already on the come up.

Last edited:

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Down south ppl werent really listenin to most East Coast

The main influence for Cash Money was NWA and Pac....

I remember BG saying he liked and respected Nas but he couldnt "feel"him.

There was just a synergy between West and the South....both regions are more about feel/emotion/directness rather than academic wordplay

I dont think Juvy was dissing Jay

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
Sad, they could have learned more from Jay than Pac about emceeing and appreciation for superior wordplay. Shame really

interesting, why you say that? because from where i stand tupac was an elite MC with the wordplay

i also hold juvenile in very high regard though obviously not elite like a pac or jay. what you think of him lyrically?

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sad, they could have learned more from Jay than Pac about emceeing and appreciation for superior wordplay. Shame really
8b0a5bac41cce2b85316558961403609.gif

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
interesting, why you say that? because from where i stand tupac was an elite MC with the wordplay

i also hold juvenile in very high regard though obviously not elite like a pac or jay. what you think of him lyrically?

Juvie was a spitter..we like to suggest Southerners cant rhyme out of spite, but CM came through with flow and bars. Actually I preferred B.G. out of all of them as he was a more traditional Emcee.
Pac also, we show bias towards him because of the endless beefs and controversy surrounding him which blurred his actual talent, but he wasnt wack. Jay Z is superior to him though, IMO.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Pac made better music.. end of story.:yeshrug:

Nah..how many times can a man use Hennessey enemies in the penitentiary:comeon:

Jay Z shyts on Pac..Jay Z made his name being a top Emcee, Pac made his name getting shot, controversy and antics. People were more interested in what dumb act Pac would pull next rather than what song he'll put out next.

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
that's the best way I've heard it explained. its still like that in the South. nikkas generally just don't fukk with the traditional "East Coast" sound. Like on some Pimp C shyt...."they don't fucc with us, we don't fucc with them." There are some exceptions (50, DMX)...and nikkas will throw a token NY rapper in their top rapper lists.

But a lot of nikkas in the South still don't fukk with people Pac dissed :ufdup:

Last edited: