New Orleans accent.

Daps
I've only ever heard the thick "southern drawl/twang" in rural areas tbh....once you move to the big cities in The South it starts shifting. For example, most people from the South would think someone from the A talks fast. nikkas in places like South Florida and New Orleans got they own sound....you can recognize it the moment you hear it.

The funny thing is the southern english is more likely closer to the Queens English than any other part of America due to lack of diversity and isolation in its formation years.

Truth.

Southern whites come from immigrants (mostly) that came over before the Revolutionary War...wayyy back. Mixing up Native American languages with West African, proper British/Welsh/Scottish and that's what you get.

Whites up north tend to be more recent immigrants from places other than England and almost always have a nasally way of speaking....doesn’t matter if it's Midwest, Mid Atlantic etc. Most of their ancestors didn't even speak English.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Truth.

Southern whites come from immigrants (mostly) that came over before the Revolutionary War...wayyy back. Mixing up Native American languages with West African, proper British/Welsh/Scottish and that's what you get.

Whites up north tend to be more recent immigrants from places other than England and almost always have a nasally way of speaking....doesn’t matter if it's Midwest, Mid Atlantic etc. Most of their ancestors didn't even speak English.

Seems like whites down there are heavy into differentiating....the generational ones whose ancestors come from France/Italy/Spain do not play about being mixed up with other Southern WASP..

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Wow, that woman in the OP sounds NOTHING like I expected. But then again I never met anyone white from N.O. I would think she's from Boston or something.

It annoys me to this day that I can't find it but some guy did the thickest cajun/bayou accent on Crank Yankers when I was a teenager... You literally couldn't understand a word. It was a hilarious :mjlol: I've never been able to find it though :mjcry: