New Kendrick Lamar song

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whole situation reminds me of the Mayweather Pacquiao fight.
Pacquiao fans bragged about his power and swore he was about to knock Mayweather out.
Mayweather wins and Pacquiao fans cry claiming Mayweather was "running" the entire fight.
My response to that was: "Mayweather fought his fight the way he always has. Ya'll aren't mad at Mayweather. You're mad that Pacquiao isn't the guy you thought he was".

Drake stans have consistently shrugged Kendrick off as a corny lyrical miracle rapper that in order to understand a single song you have to listen to it 20 times with 3 volumes of encyclopedia britannica, the Quran, the Bible, and the latest edition of Mirriam Webster's dictionary.
According to them, Drake has never had to take Kendrick serious because of Drake's sales figures and Billboard history.
In comes Kendrick [the complete loser] and beats the ever loving crap out of Drake, rips his head off, whispers "is this your king?" and walks off.
Drake stans respond with "Man that dude corny!" and "You see what that Drake stimulus package does for a career huh? giggle giggle giggle".

Again, like the Mayweather Pacquiao fight...

Ya'll aren't mad at Kendrick. He is who he always was.
Ya'll are mad at Drake for not being who you thought he was.
This I always was liked both Kendrick and Drake but Kendrick was always the better artist because he takes the craft seriously and challenges himself to be better. Drake doesn’t challenge himself he sticks to what works and plays shyt safe. Not to say there’s nothing wrong with that but he got too comfortable with numbers and he thought he could Meek Mill his way with Kendrick. And if you are a Kendrick fan you already knew the potential of what Kendrick could do in a battle but were 50/50 because we never seen him fully engage

But now a lot of the fans are like this nikka exceeding our expectations of the damage he could do. Like rap aside the way how this nikka moved and how methodical he was one for the books. I bet in January of 2024 the last thing Kendrick thought about was having the biggest song of the summer and headlining Super Bowl 2025.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Drake stans went from no one listens to Dot, people only know him because he’s dissing Drake to Dot is a corporate darling that’s been getting a massive push for the last fifteen years.
and yet all 3 are true :russ:

someone go hand him a grammy right now :pachaha:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
could've got a better beat, the first two verses are hard, the third is corny babble
its good just hear him straight rap, no theatrics or voices. probably why I liked the timestamp song the most during the battle

thats an angry young man, spiralling

his big announcement (that he made all about another man) was hijacked by "why not Wayne ?" who is considered a drug addict and a terrible performer and the discussion became about three or four other names and not his. he should be disgusted to be fair to him

Kendrick turning out to be very online is weird for some reason

"they wonder why I'm not enthused to drop, the more visible you get the more your spiritual is tried"

:camby:

booooooo

I'm sure you be alright when the Superbowl comes. the millions you should make after it will lift your spirits

Get this corny shyt out of here man.

The reactions to this song prove how emotionally and intellectually bankrupt "the culture" has made people. This song isn't about Drake or the Super Bowl yet most of the reactions I've seen hinge on those things. Art no longer exists, everything is content that is either a reaction to something or something to be reacted to. Kendrick getting some pushback from a small handful of bitter people on the internet? Clearly he wrote an entire song about it because that's the last thing my squirrel brain remembers! When has this dude ever responded to internet shyt.
:dead:

Is conscious rap dead? Because clearly you can't rap about your community and culture without someone trying to fit a square peg into a round hole about something else.