New Jet Set Radio, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Crazy Taxi and Streets of Rage games announced

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
:manny:
Bombrush is the defacto Jet Set Radio sequel.
Can't nobody take that away from Team Reptile and the only reason Sega feels emboldened to drop new shyt is because Cyberfunk restored the feeling.
It's on Jet Set/Sega to play catch up and see if they can score with the alley oop Team Reptile tossed 'em.
You and other folk may automatically give 'em the crown off the fact that it's Jet Set and a decade or so ago, I'd be front and centre with y'all, but nah.
They ignores us.
They ignored me.
They ignored YOU.
They got to re-prove themselves.​
The new jet set radio has been in development for a while. It would be coming out regardless of if bomb rush dropped or not.

I will say, brc might've influenced sega to show off clips so soon for their announcement trailer. Brc sold really well. Better than jsr and jsrf, so that may have gave sega more confidence in the brand. Otherwise, they would have probably waited until later to debut it with its own trailer.

I believe they always wanted to bring the series back, but weren't able to justify the financial risk. Now sega is at a point where the years of eating off yakuza, sonic, and persona can let them take a chance on dormant franchises

I'm hoping sega goes all out with the new jet set radio's marketing. I don't see why it can't get the persona treatment. Merchandise, vinyl, figurines, an ova series, etc.

They're also leaving money on the table if they don't have a separate online mode where you can create your own character and crews. A VR mod would be crazy cool as well. I always said, if I could live in any video game it'd be jet set radio. Having a metaverse like mode would be a dream come true.

The series has so much potential, I can't wait to see what all they got planned. I like the few additions we see in the short clips we've gotten so far. Looks like parkour will be an additional means of traversal. I like having more animations and ways of getting around. Interested to see how it effects the trick system. Hope they take a que from tony hawk and bomb rush and add manuals as well. Hope the boost dash sees some type of tweak as well. Makes it have multiple uses like in brc or something. I also hope the radio station itself gets incorporated into the gameplay more. Like if you could call in to actually speak to dj k. Make song requests, ask for help, or just comment on things. They could implement a wanted system like gta too and have the radio let you listen into the police to know where they're at, what they're sending, or allow you to jam their communication.

Overall, I believe sega can deliver a worthy sequel. I wouldn't count them out yet. All the original creators are back. Nagamuma is likely gonna return as well. I don't think sega would bring it back after all this time unless they were committed to doing it right. And by that, I mean doing something fresh, and new that pushes the series forward. Cause otherwise, of it was just jsrf in HD they could've did that 20 years ago. Nows the chance to do something that couldn't be done then. So I'm excited to see what's next :feedme:

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Based on the 2025 timeline, I'm thinking either Altered Beast or Kid Chameleon will be the actual super game? If they drop a bag on Eternal Champions though that would be crazy, especially with VF still out there.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Why would they hop back in console gaming and name a system after something that was considered a failure? That's like throwing millions of dollars into Howard the Duck 2.
The Dreamcast failed because it didn't have a DVD player. But it was ahead of it's time, and some internal problems SEGA was having in the mid-late '90s also helped cause its failure.

It's become a cult classic console since. If not, they could release a Dreamcast Mini.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I never knew I needed a Golden Axe remake until I saw this trailer :whew:

Sega had some joints back in the day, i dare say more than nintendo did.

That shinobi game actually looks incredible. I wonder if its gonna be hard as hell like the sega genesis game, that was like my favorite game in the world for two years.

I must have rented taht game from blockbuster like 20 times.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Sega had some joints back in the day, i dare say more than nintendo did.

That shinobi game actually looks incredible. I wonder if its gonna be hard as hell like the sega genesis game, that was like my favorite game in the world for two years.

I must have rented taht game from blockbuster like 20 times.
I had a Game Gear and a Sega Genesis but let's not get disrespectful breh :whoa:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Crazy Taxi
Innovative and fresh style driving action! Cheerful feeling of freedom x fusion of nature and city. Peel out the new stage of Crazy City!

SEGA-Management-Meeting-2023_Crazy-Taxi-768x431.png

Golden Axe
Warriors arise to subdue the demons! Defeat your enemies with a variety of attacks with swords and magic! The legendary story about the battle axe “Golden Axe” is about to begin!

SEGA-Management-Meeting-2023_Golden-Axe.jpg

Jet Set Radio
“Counter-culture” x Tokyo streets open world. Experience the “rebellion” movement that feels free in a suffocating society. Make friends, increase your fans, and create a movement!

SEGA-Management-Meeting-2023_Jet-Set-Radio.png

Shinobi
Slay the enemies in the silence of the moment. Run through the world of Shinobi full of monsters and ninja actions. Grab Oborozuki, the legendary sword, and slay evil once more. Your clan and the world are counting on you.

SEGA-Management-Meeting-2023_Shinobi.png

Streets of Rage: Revolution
Beloved side-scrolling beat ’em up action series! Take control of one of the ex-officers and make the city a place where people no longer have to walk the “Streets of Rage”!

SEGA-Management-Meeting-2023_Streets-of-Rage-Revolution.jpg

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Crazy Taxi
Innovative and fresh style driving action! Cheerful feeling of freedom x fusion of nature and city. Peel out the new stage of Crazy City!

SEGA-Management-Meeting-2023_Crazy-Taxi-768x431.png

Golden Axe
Warriors arise to subdue the demons! Defeat your enemies with a variety of attacks with swords and magic! The legendary story about the battle axe “Golden Axe” is about to begin!

SEGA-Management-Meeting-2023_Golden-Axe.jpg

Jet Set Radio
“Counter-culture” x Tokyo streets open world. Experience the “rebellion” movement that feels free in a suffocating society. Make friends, increase your fans, and create a movement!

SEGA-Management-Meeting-2023_Jet-Set-Radio.png

Shinobi
Slay the enemies in the silence of the moment. Run through the world of Shinobi full of monsters and ninja actions. Grab Oborozuki, the legendary sword, and slay evil once more. Your clan and the world are counting on you.

SEGA-Management-Meeting-2023_Shinobi.png

Streets of Rage: Revolution
Beloved side-scrolling beat ’em up action series! Take control of one of the ex-officers and make the city a place where people no longer have to walk the “Streets of Rage”!

SEGA-Management-Meeting-2023_Streets-of-Rage-Revolution.jpg
Air SoR and golden axe need online hop-in coop. That worked very well for SoR4

Last edited: