New Jet Set Radio, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Crazy Taxi and Streets of Rage games announced

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Sega x Google sound like a bad combo and Google has a bad track record when it comes to sticking with something long term
Sega x Amazon is unlikely to happen due to Amazon would rather stick to streaming with Luna than make a console like the Stadia
Sega x Apple could only work if Apple is willing to enter the console market again or even look at the hybrid market
Sega x Facebook/Meta :scust:

Better off asking if Samsung is interested on making the hardware for them and hit up NVIDIA too
sega could follow the SNK model and take funding from newer players like the saudis or china, but their holding company sammy would have to be willing to have their percentage diluted. that may be what keeps sega from really making big moves.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
sega could follow the SNK model and take funding from newer players like the saudis or china, but their holding company sammy would have to be willing to have their percentage diluted. that may be what keeps sega from really making big moves.

That Saudi money long, they will probably all eventually fold

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
another problem is they have been selling off partial amounts of their business, like most of their arcade division. it remains to be seen what you get when you try to buy "sega".

There could potentially be a future where Saudi’s end up owning a large portion of both sega and nintendo

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
This will either be great or complete trash. The idea of making Crazy Taxi online open world isn’t bad but it should have a single player on top of that given the originals arcade roots.​

As weird as it may sound, online, offline, while I'm with you on it needing a single player, the main driving force of this game is the soundtrack. The music gotta give it that punch, 'cause I'm of the belief that you can't do much else with the gameplay other than make the handling tight (pause) and make the map you driving like a lunatic interesting.....while the music drives you, literally.
There's a reason alot of the other 'remakes' of the first one failed when they tried to add different music or couldn't get the full loop of now iconic songs to run on it.​

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation

As weird as it may sound, online, offline, while I'm with you on it needing a single player, the main driving force of this game is the soundtrack. The music gotta give it that punch, 'cause I'm of the belief that you can't do much else with the gameplay other than make the handling tight (pause) and make the map you driving like a lunatic interesting.....while the music drives you, literally.
There's a reason alot of the other 'remakes' of the first one failed when they tried to add different music or couldn't get the full loop of now iconic songs to run on it.​
Music is important but Crazy Taxi benefits from. Ring a hand you can pick up and p look at a few minutes. Online can get in the way in of that. What made it so addictive is you were racing the clock.

Also Crazy Taxi players tend to be arcade gamers. They have potential to kill this game already by saying it’s multiplayer only in a series that’s traditionally single player.

Last edited:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Sega with Saudi or China money will bring back fukkery Sega :whoa:
Sega is at their best when they let their creative juice flow :dame:
But with that type of money, we'll see a side we ain't suppose to see :whoa:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Might be a good thing. Sega couldn’t get right in the mid to late 90s, at all

Superb software, absolutely horrible business
Agreed. Doesn't help Sega owned the arcades and the 90's is when arcades started to die. They lost their bread and butter. Why go to an arcade if my PlayStation can play Tekken 3 or my Saturn can play arcade perfect Virtua Fighter 2?

Last edited:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Might be a good thing. Sega couldn’t get right in the mid to late 90s, at all

Superb software, absolutely horrible business

I didnt know Atlus is a SEGA subdivision though :ohhh:

Imagine them boys with an All-star budget cranking out RPGs left and right. Odin Sphere was my shyt and brehs were fw Unicorn Overlord in the thread :ehh: