NEW JAY Z VIDEO: The Story Of OJ

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's coo...

And I really don't see what the fukk this has to do with OJ Simpson...
whole meaning of the song just hurdled your head clear...

c'mon son

how you ain't see how OJ ties in to a story about how a nikka with money is still a nikka? :mjlol:

Rap fans like you are the reason music been dumbed down

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I always thought camel wuz wack, aside from a few of his early songs when he hit tha scene

this right here is quality, never seen him rapping about social issues
He has rapped about social issues before BUT NEVER with conviction. It used to be his weakest shyt when he tried to go that route.

This album you can tell it's his whole mind state is on that page. It doesn't come off forced at all.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
After the disappointing MCHG I was done with Jay and I was completely fine with that since his past work has a lot of material I can keep on listening to.

But this is convincing me to give the new album a listen :lupe:

Spotify been really good to me though and I don't know if one album makes me want to switch. Is he selling a CD version? :patrice:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
After the disappointing MCHG I was done with Jay and I was completely fine with that since his past work has a lot of material I can keep on listening to.

Spotify been really good to me though and I don't know if one album makes me want to switch. Is he selling a CD version? :patrice:
i signed up for a free month it ain't hard

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What the fukk. Jay sounds totally rejuvenated, he hasn't sounded this good in like a decade and a half. And that's not even touching the content :wow: Or the production :wow:

Honestly this totally blindsided me. Gotta go listen to this new album immediately

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps

For real. I would just get the album in CD or iTunes and be done with it. Spotify here to stay.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Some people can never be satisfied. :francis:

Personally, I feel that this comes across as more powerful now that Jay-Z is older and closer to 'the end' of his career. He just got inducted into the Songwriter's Hall of Fame, is about to be 3 kids deep, married to a pop icon, with his hand in all sorts of financial investments while being one of the most influential artists to transcend multiple eras.

There's a thread a mile-long from LAST week because Jay (a guy who barely uses social media) tweeted a NAME to give an artist props and people felt the need to analyze that. That's the kind of influence and mystique that a younger Jay-Z wouldn't have had.

The past decade has been hard and this year is starting out ROUGH all over again. Yes, you've got conscious rappers that address this, but it's deeper than a competition about who did it first or who it better. It's about Jay-Z going, "That's absolutely right, and I can definitely confirm this because of where I am now. Know what? Here's what else..." :tu:

It comes across as sage advice and OG tales. Much more intriguing now, IMO. :yeshrug:

Last edited: