New Hulktales just dropped

Daps
Reppin
Mile High
Same interview he calls the racist comments a "speed bump"

“There was a temporary situation where I thought, ‘Okay, where’s this going to end up at? Where’s this gonna wind down? Where’s the legacy, where’s this, that.’ At the end of the day, there had been so much goodwill with the Hulk Hogan brand, and people knew me so well, I mean I’ve been around over 40 years. People know me so well, from Mike Tyson to Brutus Beefcake to Vince McMahon to Verne Gagne to Bret Hart, everybody knows me so well that they knew that I would come back and I would become the person that I was. There was a temporary situation with the surgeries and some of the racial stuff that went down. It was a speed bump, but that’s not who I was, and everybody knew that. So it was a tough time, but the main thing that really got me were the surgeries over the last ten years. That was the thing that was in question. When you come out of a back surgery and someone tells you you’re never gonna walk again, that will really screw your head up. The rest of this stuff, I had a bunch of people on my side, I had a huge support system. People that knew me stuck with me, and it’s just been amazing to see how the fans have stayed with me.”

The way he glosses over it, and minimizes it in comparison to his back is worse.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching

WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan was a recent guest on the Full Send Podcast to discuss a wide variety of subjects. When asked about people he’s had beef with throughout his career, Hogan went in-depth on the issues Bret Hart had with him.

“The only other person was Bret Hart, who thought I basically sabotaged his career,” Hulk Hogan said. “Because Bret thought he should have been the greatest wrestler that ever lived. And he said it was my fault. Okay.

“The Bret Hart thing I really didn’t understand because when he got pissed at me, basically I won the belt from Yokozuna at a WrestleMania where Bret lost and Bret told me to go in the ring and wrestle, and I won the belt right after Bret wrestled. And the deal was for me to drop it back to Yokozuna.

“And then Bret got my face and said, ‘Hey, you’re supposed to drop the belt to me!’ I said, ‘No, I’m not.’ He goes, ‘Well, yeah, you are.’ I said, ‘So let’s go talk to Vince then.’ So we both went in and sat down and talked to Vince. Then Vince looked at Bret and said, ‘Bret, that’s what you thought you heard.’ So ever since then, he hated my guts and wanted to kill me.

“Then, when Eric Bischoff asked me if I could work with him at WCW, I said, ‘Hell Yeah, bring him in. I can work with anybody.’ All of a sudden, we had about eight or nine great matches. We got along great. We traveled together. And then, when WCW was over, he hated me again. Okay, whatever, but it’s just stuff like that.”

Despite Hogan’s claims, Hogan and Hart only had three singles matches against each other in WCW, and two were at untelevised events. Their only televised match against each other ended in a no-contest on the September 28, 1998, episode of WCW Nitro.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan was a recent guest on the Full Send Podcast to discuss a wide variety of subjects. When asked about people he’s had beef with throughout his career, Hogan went in-depth on the issues Bret Hart had with him.

“The only other person was Bret Hart, who thought I basically sabotaged his career,” Hulk Hogan said. “Because Bret thought he should have been the greatest wrestler that ever lived. And he said it was my fault. Okay.

“The Bret Hart thing I really didn’t understand because when he got pissed at me, basically I won the belt from Yokozuna at a WrestleMania where Bret lost and Bret told me to go in the ring and wrestle, and I won the belt right after Bret wrestled. And the deal was for me to drop it back to Yokozuna.

“And then Bret got my face and said, ‘Hey, you’re supposed to drop the belt to me!’ I said, ‘No, I’m not.’ He goes, ‘Well, yeah, you are.’ I said, ‘So let’s go talk to Vince then.’ So we both went in and sat down and talked to Vince. Then Vince looked at Bret and said, ‘Bret, that’s what you thought you heard.’ So ever since then, he hated my guts and wanted to kill me.

“Then, when Eric Bischoff asked me if I could work with him at WCW, I said, ‘Hell Yeah, bring him in. I can work with anybody.’ All of a sudden, we had about eight or nine great matches. We got along great. We traveled together. And then, when WCW was over, he hated me again. Okay, whatever, but it’s just stuff like that.”

Despite Hogan’s claims, Hogan and Hart only had three singles matches against each other in WCW, and two were at untelevised events. Their only televised match against each other ended in a no-contest on the September 28, 1998, episode of WCW Nitro.

Speaking with the Yukon Territory Weekly Intelligencer Times, former WWE wrestler Bret Hart took some time to respond to comments made by legendary wrestler Hulk Hogan:

"Hulk Hogan lying about the past is nothing new. He's been trying to whitewash the bad things he's done throughout his career and paint himself as the victim no matter the circumstance. What Hogan did back in 1993 at Wrestlemania was nothing more than politically Goldberging me to halt my career momentum. Nobody in their right mind wanted to see Hogan as Champ in 93. Hell, Macho Man was so sick of Hogan he gave him a black eye right before the event; bet you didn't know that huh. Vince was quick to regret that decision, which is why Hogan dropped the belt to Yoko a couple months later and ran to Atlanta with his tail between his legs because he knew what was coming to him once we had a program together."

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
HulKKK just can’t help himself with the lies. :skip:

“9 matches” -> actually 3, but only 1 televised :beli:
"It was the summer of 57 and I was in Calgary tutoring Stu. He told me he had a kid on the way and needed a name and I told him that I always liked the name Bret. The rest is history, brother. :ehh:"

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
While I get his frustration with the WM9 deal, his smoke should be with Vince if he told him one thing then changed his mind and never told Bret.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
While I get his frustration with the WM9 deal, his smoke should be with Vince if he told him one thing then changed his mind and never told Bret.

Nah, the problem is that Hogan is (allegedly) most likely the person who changed Vince's mind after they had all agreed on the first plan. Seeing as there are other stories of Hogan pulling the "That's not gonna work for me brother," move when it came time to figure out how he was going to give someone their win back, it makes sense.