New Grappler Baki season out now

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
was very disappointed in the muhammad ali jr storyline, they had a chance to make something dope there but it was a complete waste of time lol. why they make that nikka a simp :mjlol:I'm just glad they didn't do a weird race angle like they did with the black fighter in ippo

baki is probably the most absurd anime/manga of all time. they abandoned any sort of logic a long time ago and nothing really makes sense at all. but I can't quit it :mjcry:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
was very disappointed in the muhammad ali jr storyline, they had a chance to make something dope there but it was a complete waste of time lol. why they make that nikka a simp :mjlol:I'm just glad they didn't do a weird race angle like they did with the black fighter in ippo

baki is probably the most absurd anime/manga of all time. they abandoned any sort of logic a long time ago and nothing really makes sense at all. but I can't quit it :mjcry:
I thought it was great tbh

Ali Jr grew up softer than Baki - who grew up in absolute fukking insanity. Its no mark against him that he ain't built for that shyt.

Actually love how much respect they showed towards Ali and the family to be honest. Especially when you consider how the writer absolutely shyts on Chinese Martial Arts :pachaha:

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I felt that way ever since i read the manga. Didn't watch the anime to that part yet. The set up was good but i expected him to come back stronger. But the fact even Yujiro showed respect to Ali was goat level.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Yea I wasn't feeling that shyt

That whole "he not built for this" was some trash cop-out writing when they already established he could go life n death with 5 other top tier cats, the first 4 he beat clean.

I was ok with him losing to the 5th guy (blonde) and the other two old heads kicking him while he was down, bc it seemed like a classic deconstruction arc to build him back up...

:mjlol: Nope!

Just a Triple H level burial. Him actually simping Baki's girl and it not being a ruse..? A complete waste of a character.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Ali Jr. just wasn't built for that level of smoke. If you could combine his ability with Sr. mindset, it would have been interesting but the overall point was to showcase Baki being on the next level.

Simping Baki's girl angle was totally pointless though, if they wanted him to have a motivation that also provided tension between Baki, that definitely wasn't it.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I felt that way ever since i read the manga. Didn't watch the anime to that part yet. The set up was good but i expected him to come back stronger. But the fact even Yujiro showed respect to Ali was goat level.
I mean, they had to :mjlol:

You ain't gon punk out the fictional heir/bloodline of the greatest fighter known in the real world, and not cover your ass by showing respect to the guy himself. Esp when it's the literal version.

That would be a bad look all around if they did.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Fake your death cuz you shook AF :russ:
Old man straight up died and spirit left his body b/c he didnt want to feel Yujiro's fist to the face. He literally scared him to death and then turns around and acts like he won...:mindblown:. Nah clown you lost...you worse than lost, your spirit ran outside of your body b/c you were scared shytless and embarrassed:mjlol:

Yujiro straight up clowned Baki talking shyt in the hallway..
"Baki your legs are shaking...:lolbron::mjlol:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
103164696_10216799279044112_4794180791772496208_o.jpg

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Like so many of you have stated I was very disappointed in the end to the Muhammad Ali Jr. story. I really enjoyed how they showed love to the real Ali again which made any black breh watching this root for Jr. even more. :wow:

It was flagrant that he was going after Baki girl and I knew Baki was going to be in some shyt but seriously when it was over I was like
source.gif

B
aki season 3 was dope overall regardless of how personal I may have taken Jr.s match against Baki:mjcry:

“I was going to kill him”:smugbiden:

“I know”:whoa:

Am I bugging or was that the first time Baki talked about actually killing someone?

I don’t know shyt about the Manga I got into this on Netflix and look forward to next season.

Kengan season 3 should be coming soon also :mjlit:

Last edited:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Jr got off pretty light for Baki ass whoopings.
Could have got his face torn off, lost all his teeth, got set on fire, got a foot literally broken off in his ass. At least he looks the same :mjlol:

I let it slide for the amount of respect they show Ali. Had the reporter crying genuine tears of admiration :wow:

Why didn't they show Baki fighting Yujiro? :damn: