New gen console and game issues. (Buy a warranty for now)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
no warranty over here :snoop:

I canceled my geek squad warranty a couple weeks ahead of my order being available...hope I don’t regret it...I have a backup just in case but still...how long is the sony warranty good for?

*edit*

if it’s a one year manufacturer’s warranty then I’m good with that

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Would love to neg you, but my PS5 literally just crashed and shut down on its' own in the middle of a random car chase in Miles. :skip:

Those staility patches they were dropping weekly on the PS4? We need 'em. :lupe:
:heh:

Seriously though I'm not trying to see anyone pay 500 bucks for something and have it brick or crash. Thread is only made by me because I know it wouldn't get made otherwise until mad late...

I'm suggesting anyone picking up a Ps5 to actually go ahead and spend a extra 50-75 on at least a year warranty.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If you buy a console second hand and it bricks can you return it, or do you have to go through the person you got it from?

Unless that specific console is registered, then like most things, I'm pretty certain the year warranty would absolve you from having to go to the direct seller, 2nd hand or otherwise. Even if registered, you can usually just remove things like this from your account.