New Cartoon From Creator Of Samurai Jack About Dinosaurs And Cavemen Offical PRIMAL Thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
The creator said he wanted to explore the show as more of an anthology series around the theme of violence and survival.

So this is probably a one off. I get them not showing trailers because people would have come in with expectations and this stands on its own.

Having Charles dikkens in it without saying his last name was really interesting. I kind of want to see if the other guys were real people too.

I thought that was Charles Darwin, unless there was somebody else among the group named Charles.

What a time for adult animated shows :wow:

Englishmen had to tap into his inner Spear in order to survive.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I thought that was Charles Darwin, unless there was somebody else among the group named Charles.

Sorry I meant Darwin. Getting those Victorian white men’s names mixed up. I want to see if the rest of the people in the society were real people.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

I noticed that "Charles'" face was drawn to look very very similar to Spear :jbhmm:

I don't think he's exactly this universe's version of Charles Darwin. When he was talking to the other guys, they were like "I totally accept that we evolved from Neanderthals, but your "Primal Theory" is CRAZY!" :russ:

The "Primal Theory" appears to be REVERSE evolution. The idea that modern man can devolve back into a caveman. I'm wondering if the implication here is that Primal actually takes place in a post-Apocalyptic future, when some humans devolved back to Neanderthals, and others just reverted to the level of humans 3000 years ago.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
I noticed that "Charles'" face was drawn to look very very similar to Spear :jbhmm:

I don't think he's exactly this universe's version of Charles Darwin. When he was talking to the other guys, they were like "I totally accept that we evolved from Neanderthals, but your "Primal Theory" is CRAZY!" :russ:

The "Primal Theory" appears to be REVERSE evolution. The idea that modern man can devolve back into a caveman. I'm wondering if the implication here is that Primal actually takes place in a post-Apocalyptic future, when some humans devolved back to Neanderthals, and others just reverted to the level of humans 3000 years ago.
Idk…. What about the dinosaurs and magic? Then again who knows….

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Could be a situation like this

:manny:

Idk there should have been some clues…

then again maybe they’d drop a Statue of Liberty via the planet of the apes reference. I’m down for the ride.

Overall, it’s a weird situation Viking, Neanderthals, Celtic warriors, and Dinosaurs. It would actually make some more sense if this was some sort of river world scenario and people are being brought there from a different time periods to live together. Like the trailer made it look like Spear was fighting people from the era of Xerses in Persia. Non of that is congruent to one timeline.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Idk there should have been some clues…

then again maybe they’d drop a Statue of Liberty via the planet of the apes reference. I’m down for the ride.

Overall, it’s a weird situation Viking, Neanderthals, Celtic warriors, and Dinosaurs. It would actually make some more sense if this was some sort of river world scenario and people are being brought there from a different time periods to live together. Like the trailer made it look like Spear was fighting people from the era of Xerses in Persia. Non of that is congruent to one timeline.
Before this episode, I was SURE that time travel was involved.
Now I'm less sure.