Netflix to remove User Reviews, testing an "Ultra" tier

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Sometimes I feel like Netflix thinks they're untouchable. I'll reserve judgment but I wonder how many subscribers won't jump over to Hulu, Amazon, Apple, etc. once Netflix is nothing but originals.
I'm against this move 100% and I don't even pay for the subscription I use :lolbron:

Those of us who know what HDR is won't let this shyt fly.

The comments on the verge the other day were salty and they're not even testing it in the states right now IIRC

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Lol okay breh. Go reread what you wrote. You never said anything positive about physical media.

But compressed 4k hdr still don't look better than 1080p discs. Get yo eyes checked breh :ufdup:
All I said was 4K HDR>1080 discs and I still stand by it.

Now we may have to get truly into specifics as well cuz a lot of early blu-rays and even ones from 2011 era don't look that hot. Especially being so accustomed to watching tons of 4K (albeit mostly streamed) content. Now a lot of that is to the source etc but even with modern blus I stand by my opinion. Plus a lot of the catalog releases are being remastered for 4K but the included blu-ray is still the old one. Or titles like Silence of the lambs which are streaming 4k but no UHD disc. I know which version I'm watching.

If a new movie is not getting a 4k disc release but has a 4K HDR streaming option I'm gonna cop the streaming version.

You may think I'm pouring Jelly on myself and much of it is now due to space limitations but I'm cool with the choice. It's cheaper as well. Plus HDR >>

I notice most people who are vehemently anti-digital live in rural ass places and small towns. (I'm always on the blu-ray forum and there's a thread debating physical vs digital) Those of us in big cities don't have issues like @ORDER_66 connection going to 480p.

There's plenty of website comparison and youtube videos on the subject and most of them lean 4K hdr over standard blu. 4K sdr is another story.

shyt there's even youtube vids of apple tv 4k streaming vs 4K disc calling it comparable so idk what to tell you.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
All I said was 4K HDR>1080 discs and I still stand by it.

Now we may have to get truly into specifics as well cuz a lot of early blu-rays and even ones from 2011 era don't look that hot. Especially being so accustomed to watching tons of 4K (albeit mostly streamed) content. Now a lot of that is to the source etc but even with modern blus I stand by my opinion. Plus a lot of the catalog releases are being remastered for 4K but the included blu-ray is still the old one. Or titles like Silence of the lambs which are streaming 4k but no UHD disc. I know which version I'm watching.

If a new movie is not getting a 4k disc release but has a 4K HDR streaming option I'm gonna cop the streaming version.

You may think I'm pouring Jelly on myself and much of it is now due to space limitations but I'm cool with the choice. It's cheaper as well. Plus HDR >>

I notice most people who are vehemently anti-digital live in rural ass places and small towns. (I'm always on the blu-ray forum and there's a thread debating physical vs digital) Those of us in big cities don't have issues like @ORDER_66 connection going to 480p.

There's plenty of website comparison and youtube videos on the subject and most of them lean 4K hdr over standard blu. 4K sdr is another story.

shyt there's even youtube vids of apple tv 4k streaming vs 4K disc calling it comparable so idk what to tell you.
:mjlol: Breh I have a gigabit connection and a 7K media server I built myself with 40+ TB of storage running Plex. Ain't no one scared of digital anything. I got 4K galore AND the connection speed to stream it uncompressed to my people back in ATL.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Newsgroups/Torrents + Sonarr/Radarr + Plex will just have to hold me down.

Paying for HDR :mjlol:

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Ignoring the bullshyt 4k debate above...

Here comes Netflix, fixing the game once again. They took away starred ratings hoping users would be tricked into blindly watching more of their shytty offerings, but since that clearly didn't work, now they're doing this.

Thing is, Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic and (a much neutered version of) IMDB still exist (along with many others), so they're NEVER going to be able to fool viewers into watching terrible content like they hope to do. It's just not gonna happen. They can take away ratings features or reviews all they want, but the commentary is still out there somewhere and people WILL find it.

That being said, Netflix seems to quickly be adopting the mindset that they're too big to fail. They forget that illegal and questionable streaming sites are still around, and the only reason people deign to use their service - as opposed to other, FREE avenues - is simply because we CHOOSE TO. I grew up in the Limewire/Megavideo/PirateBay era. It would be nothing for me to drop every service I pay for and go back to the old way. Netflix needs me way more than I need it.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Sometimes I feel like Netflix thinks they're untouchable. I'll reserve judgment but I wonder how many subscribers won't jump over to Hulu, Amazon, Apple, etc. once Netflix is nothing but originals.

I have all of those services (aside from Apple) because they all serve different purposes, but honestly, dropping Netflix would be easy as hell for me. I've rocked with them through the price hikes, splitting of services, radical UI changes and removal of features, but at a certain point I can and will walk.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Netflix 4K streaming is much better than 1080p streaming. Yes, UHD Blu-rays are better, but let’s not pretend that there isn’t a noticeable difference between 4K and 1080p streaming.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

No I have no connection problems with netflix now... but back a year and change ago Netflix was getting throttled badly. But if either netflix servers go down or time warners internet goes out which does happen in certain instances you wont be getting netflix... :francis:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Ignoring the bullshyt 4k debate above...

Here comes Netflix, fixing the game once again. They took away starred ratings hoping users would be tricked into blindly watching more of their shytty offerings, but since that clearly didn't work, now they're doing this.

Thing is, Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic and (a much neutered version of) IMDB still exist (along with many others), so they're NEVER going to be able to fool viewers into watching terrible content like they hope to do. It's just not gonna happen. They can take away ratings features or reviews all they want, but the commentary is still out there somewhere and people WILL find it.

That being said, Netflix seems to quickly be adopting the mindset that they're too big to fail. They forget that illegal and questionable streaming sites are still around, and the only reason people deign to use their service - as opposed to other, FREE avenues - is simply because we CHOOSE TO. I grew up in the Limewire/Megavideo/PirateBay era. It would be nothing for me to drop every service I pay for and go back to the old way. Netflix needs me way more than I need it.

I think a lotta these companies are forgetting that shyt...

Convenience, ease of use, and enough content...

and yeah I do miss the imdb msg boards too. But well ya know :\

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Can't wait to drop Netflix for Hulu (no commercials) :blessed:. Don't care about their dogshyt originals gimme shows from other networks I can rewatch (sitcoms/comedies) or start watching

If Hulu gets their live TV up and running properly they getting my money full time :noah:. Charge people for HDR brehs :mindblown::camby:
I just started a free trial, the live TV is legit. HD and never really freezes or anything, about 60 channels, all the sports channels. It seems like a good buy.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I just started a free trial, the live TV is legit. HD and never really freezes or anything, about 60 channels, all the sports channels. It seems like a good buy.

:noah: I been reading up good things about hulu live recently breh. That live plus no commercials for $45 is sounding :ohlawd:.

Can't make the switch bc I heard the app is :flabbynsick: on Roku devices and they don't have the guide working yet - the people in my house are :flabbynsick: and prefer to use the simple Roku remotes

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I'm still on Team Netflix. shyt load of stuff on there for me to watch. Like a lot of their original TV shows as well. Of course, I don't really watch movies much, TV shows are where the best story telling is. I do like Hulu though