Netflix to remove User Reviews, testing an "Ultra" tier

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I have a proper set up. Nothing on Netflix 4K has looked or sounded nearly as good as my physicals.

The compression of the streaming quality makes you lose out on the nuance of the image and black levels especially. I’ll take a blu Ray over 4K streaming all day every every day. Not even a comparison in my opinion.

I’ve never been wowed by 4K streaming because the image quality loss is always noticeable. HDR or no.
What year set?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The issue is that your opinion isn't rooted in fact. It's impossible for a compressed stream to deliver a superior image compared to a raw uncompressed video on a physical disc.

I'll trust in Blu-ray over a strong stream anyday... Alot of times once you lose that connection or your internet gets wonky then it's...:heh: back to 480P...

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
No more user reviews?!!?:dahell: Then how will we know the movie is Garbage and to not watch it?!!?
You can still rate them on the app. I don’t think I’ve ever actually read user reviews on their site before.

Personally I miss the 5 star system. There is no nuance in the thumbs up/down model

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The issue is that your opinion isn't rooted in fact. It's impossible for a compressed stream to deliver a superior image compared to the raw uncompressed video on a physical disc.
I never said that.

I said to me 4k hdr streaming looks better than 1080 discs.

I'll still take 4k discs over 4k streaming.

I'm not against physical media i have hundreds of blurays and dozens of 4k discs.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You can still rate them on the app. I don’t think I’ve ever actually read user reviews on their site before.

Personally I miss the 5 star system. There is no nuance in the thumbs up/down model

The thumbs system is garbage we should still be able to rate the movie through the website...:scust: they doing this because the ratings probably is on some real shyt and the creators don't like the movies being trashed on the site... it's bullshyt. the thumbs up or down rating system is complete trash!

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I never said that.

I said to me 4k hdr streaming looks better than 1080 discs.

I'll still take 4k discs over 4k streaming.

I'm not against physical media i have hundreds of blurays and dozens of 4k discs.
Lol okay breh. Go reread what you wrote. You never said anything positive about physical media.

But compressed 4k hdr still don't look better than 1080p discs. Get yo eyes checked breh :ufdup:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Nah streaming 4k hdr>> bluray

Stop it
cosign...some people have wack eyesight tho and cant tell the difference between dvd and bluray...The Crown in 4k is stunning. There's numerous good examples of HDR and dolby vision as well, and there is a big difference. You need about 15mbps to stream it effectively, the speed at which your internet runs has nothing to do with the quality of the image unless you're running at sub-optimal speeds. as long as your d/l speed is hitting 15mpbs you can stream 4k. it's 4k resolution. not 1080.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
cosign...some people have wack eyesight tho and cant tell the difference between dvd and bluray...The Crown in 4k is stunning. There's numerous good examples of HDR and dolby vision as well, and there is a big difference. You need about 15mbps to stream it effectively, the speed at which your internet runs has nothing to do with the quality of the image unless you're running at sub-optimal speeds. as long as your d/l speed is hitting 15mpbs you can stream 4k. it's 4k resolution. not 1080.
If you can’t see that 4K streaming images are compressed and have huge quality loss it’s you who should get your eyes checked.:yeshrug:

I have blu rays,4K blu rays and 4K streaming and I can tell all 3 apart distinctly. 4K streaming just isn’t up to snuff because of how much they have to downgrade the image AND sound.

Just because you achieve 4K resolution doesn’t change the fact the image you are seeing has been degraded and zapped of its details to get to that resolution.:picard:

You’d have to be blind not to see it. I’ve been stunned by my 4K blu rays. I’ve never been stunned by 4K streaming because it isn’t impressive.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
If you can’t see that 4K streaming images are compressed and have huge quality loss it’s you who should get your eyes checked.:yeshrug:

I have blu rays,4K blu rays and 4K streaming and I can tell all 3 apart distinctly. 4K streaming just isn’t up to snuff because of how much they have to downgrade the image AND sound.

Just because you achieve 4K resolution doesn’t change the fact the image you are seeing has been degraded and zapped of its details to get to that resolution.:picard:

You’d have to be blind not to see it. I’ve been stunned by my 4K blu rays. I’ve never been stunned by 4K streaming because it isn’t impressive.
Did I say there was no difference between 4k streaming and 4k blurays? planet earth 2 in 4k didn't stun you? or whatever that new shyt they came out with was