Netflix - "The Staircase" Murder documentary....we back

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Not as good as Making a Murderer, but still good.

Personally I think he did it. All that blood and another very similar “falling down the stairs” death is just too suspicious to me to think it’s just a coincidence.

The Owl theory is not valid in my opinion. If it really was an Owl attack, Micheal would have heard her scream when being attacked. Plus, it would have been something the defense would have brought up. Additionally, there would have been blood outside, in the kitchen, where she walked etc, and not just near the staircase. He did it. It just makes the most sense :francis:

Overall, 8/10 show though

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Just finished bingeing this over the weekend with the lady. shyt was wild. Remember vaguely hearing about Michael Peterson.

In all honesty, just off the bat in the first EP I thought he was guilty. Wasn't so much the details of the story, or the evidence that we would eventually find out - it was more the way he was acting all throughout the case. The way he would nonchalantly speak about everything, constantly smoking the pipe, playing music, the constant jokes. It was all just, weird. You would think most people would be in a saddened state as they are 1. trying to grieve their deceased partner and 2. being accused of the death of same partner. Not to mention one of the first things he did was call the (eventual) filmmakers to get this all documented.

The irony of the friend Elizabeth's staircase death was definitely odd but should not have been admissible. Judge even says so in that final clip. Could tell that choice ate at him all this time.

Rudolph finding out (weeks before the Plea) about Black's note where Radisch says she was told to change her cause of death to blunt force is crazy. And the day of the plea where Rudolph is told that the officers had actually found the blow poke and even took a picture. Just :mindblown:

Not saying Michael didn't do it but all the fukkery/tampering from the DA/SBI and Co. above was too much. Should have led to an acquittal.

Overall enjoyed the series. Still preferred Making a Murderer. Need to check out Evil Genius next.

Rudolph was that dude though. Could definitely feel all his stress during that scene with the court IT/AV guy and the powerpoint slides.

Last edited:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
The Owl theory is not valid in my opinion. If it really was an Owl attack, Micheal would have heard her scream when being attacked. Plus, it would have been something the defense would have brought up.
Not that I'm advocating for the owl theory but they did do a test where Michael would not have heard screaming from where he was sitting. Also Rudolph confirmed that the Owl theory from Pollard was only brought to him 2 days before closing, so there was not much he could have done with it at the time. Said he would have dug deeper if case was re-tried.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Not that I'm advocating for the owl theory but they did do a test where Michael would not have heard screaming from where he was sitting. Also Rudolph confirmed that the Owl theory from Pollard was only brought to him 2 days before closing, so there was not much he could have done with it at the time. Said he would have dug deeper if case was re-tried.
That test had to do with her yelling inside the house. I assume the owl attack would have occurred outside, where it would be much easier to hear screams.

SanchoPanda

I will take what is mine
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
He did that sh*t.

Just his explanation at the very beginning explaining of what happened. All nonchalant and sh*t. :shaq2:

Rudolf the lawyer. He was putting in work. :whoo:

Mike's Brother's pockets. :whoo:

Mike's attitude throughout the movie smoking the pipe, listening to classical music, waxing poetic about racial disparities in Durham, all the while facing a life sentence for murking his wife. :smugdraper:

The judge wasn't playing that sh*t for most of the movie. :ufdup:

When gay dude said his clients were professionals, lawyers, and one judge.

Judge was like, not this judge. :ufdup:

Why do Mike's adopted daughters (Margaret and Martha) look just like his biological sons? :ohhh:

I know they said both of their biological mothers looked damn near identical (not sisters, just friends), but damn. :mjlol:

What is up with that sh*t too? Mike befriending a lady who looks identical to his 1st wife, and might have murked her too by pushing her down the steps? Eerily similar to the Carolina case? :patrice:

Why did Mike's fat brother jokingly suggest Margaret can move to Vegas and become a showgirl? That is your niece, man? :wtf:

Just an off the wall theory, I think the kids (except for Kathleen's biological daughter Caitlin) lowkey didn't really like Kathleen like that. They all gave 100% support and believed their Dad. "Oh yeah, we already knew our Dad was gay :yeshrug:." Plus, with they way they were joking about the her death. Remember the Halloween jokes ? Mike play-choking Martha? And both laughing about it? :wtf:

The highlight was this lady:

MV5BNzVmNTI4YTQtZTJjNy00OTE3LTk2OGMtOWY3ZGE3N2Q5MWZhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEzNzczMA@@._V1_.jpg

Her closing argument was :whoo:and :mjlol: at the same damn time. All that southern sass and twang had me dying in her closing argument. :mjlol:

Overall, good series. It is really slow starting out the first few episodes. Then seeing it was 13 episodes, first reaction was they stretching this sh*t out too thin. :rudy: With later episodes,the twists keep the interest of going into the following episode though. :ehh:

It's explained in the final episode I believe.

If you want to know now...
Supposedly they did, and they were the ones that propped it back up against the wall in the garage after photographing it. They photographed it but either forgot that they did, or never mentioned it.

I found that strange also. Maybe for the defense team to keep being able to go back to it for helping out their case in court?

Strange family, and strange decision.

BTW the oldest adopted daughter looks exactly like him. Are we sure he didn't have a baby with the lady that fell down the steps in Germany?
:patrice:
Here's a picture of her beside Todd Peterson, who is for sure Michael's biological son.

kIWwNgFHbdAwESUbQr4nn1t7SiAHgz91mljdTZqqJHs.jpg

Just came in to see if anyone else noticed how much these two looked alike.

I think this family has way more secrets.

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
Wasn’t there a bomb scare at one of the hearings?

:ohhh:
Yep. But i forgot oldest sons name but he literally planted bombs around his school. He got caught and when they did a search of Micheals home they found MORE homemade bombs. This was a couple years b4 the murder. :ohhh: whole family psycho

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
Yep. But i forgot oldest sons name but he literally planted bombs around his school. He got caught and when they did a search of Micheals home they found MORE homemade bombs. This was a couple years b4 the murder. :ohhh: whole family psycho

Todd is the younger brother, I suspected him from the jump. And he had credit card debt too. Getting a piece of that insurance money, maybe? :patrice:

The more sh*t you hear like this, makes you wonder if the children were in on this, and Mike just took the fall.

The way they joked about Kathleen's murder during the series was some suspect sh*t. :picard:

SanchoPanda

I will take what is mine
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Todd is the younger brother, I suspected him from the jump. And he had credit card debt too. Getting a piece of that insurance money, maybe? :patrice:

The more sh*t you hear like this, makes you wonder if the children were in on this, and Mike just took the fall.

The way they joked about Kathleen's murder during the series was some suspect sh*t. :picard:

Yeah the vibe was just weird ass fukk. I tried to believe he’s innocent because the DA is a dirtbag. All those jokes and just nonchalant about her death.