Netflix- All of Us are Dead (Korean Zombie Movie) 1-28

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the thing that cracked me up about this show was just how fukking disrespectful those koreans were. talk about line-stepping, jesus christ.

even strangers meeting up for the first time were like immediately calling each other a$$holes, morons, and worse...plus just smacking peeps around, hitting them with random objects and shyt. what the fukk. :russ:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Finished the series this weekend. The build up in action and zombie fighting scenes are dope as fukk.

But I hated every fukkn character minus the 2 senior girls. They were the dopest to me.

This is probably the first zombie movie/series I've seen in a while which beats you over the head relentlessly with social commentary through character dialogue. For example, remember in Black Summer when the 2 black dudes link up in that forest and it turns out that they'd tried to kill each other in the past. Essentially this whole series is that scene over 12 episodes. But the main social relationships that this series revolves around are Parents:children and Teen boy:Teen girl. And this gets tiring over 12 episodes because the actions and thoughts of the characters are incredibly shallow and stupid.

The entire show is social commentary on Korea. Remember the kids bring up how in some societies kids represent hope and adults represent wisdom. So the fact that it takes forever for a rescue mission to look for them and the fact that they're left on the roof represents Korea giving up on its children's future. It takes like 8 episodes for the government to realize they "forgot" about the children. So to counteract this point the writers use the mom and the dad running back to the school to show that when hope seems lost some parents are willing to kill themselves to save their children's future.

Bombing the town to save Seoul is also supposed to represent how the state revolves around the wealth and security of Seoul. This ties in with the theme of that all of the kids think their lives are failures if they don't get into Seoul University.

The youtuber is a metaphor that doesn't need an explanation. The pregnant girl is an obvious nod to pregnant girls who are forgotten by society. Notice the English teacher was going to see how far along her pregnancy was, but the zombie student breaks out of the science lab. Then the pregnant girl never goes home. She just wanders the street alone. She doesn't go to the hospital. She has nowhere to go for help. All the students are bytching about exams and she's the only one who has to deal with a real life emergency. So, the cop stopping to save the baby is again supposed to show that even when faced with a disaster there are those who won't lose their humanity.

The whole series is supposed to serve as a wake up call to a social crises among Korean children and within the family. Unfortunately, in my opinion, the effect is completely buried by the teen romance. All of the school scenes are the Zombie Korean version of Lord of the Flies.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Prez so fine :noah:
Ole emotionless non blinking ass be lookin like a sex doll :noah:
Bout to make me go on Amazon and buy one :shaq:
5a2bd219371256e3a1a57f8da10837f6.jpg

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Man these Korean rescuers are the damn worst.
Take em 2 damn days to get to the HS when they know thats where the outbreak started :mindblown:
They were been sposed to hit that bytch up. Then wtf they only got 12 guns in the country and they quick to fire on humans but let zombies just roam :gucci:

Ep 9 got me heated. These sorry muthafukkas

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Show was dope. Just dragged and had too many extra side stories. Shoulda scrapped that entire pregnant teen/baby/2 cops storyline. All that was pointless.
Fight scenes and scenarios were dope. Too many folks tripping over their own feet tho.

That ending got me :lupe:

And idk why but seeing bow and arrow bae deal out them headshots made my pants tight :noah:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Show was dope. Just dragged and had too many extra side stories. Shoulda scrapped that entire pregnant teen/baby/2 cops storyline. All that was pointless.
Fight scenes and scenarios were dope. Too many folks tripping over their own feet tho.

That ending got me :lupe:

And idk why but seeing bow and arrow bae deal out them headshots made my pants tight :noah:
:russ: bro Jason would've feasted in this environment. Every time they had to do the dash someone fell. There's actually a trip that's clearly 100% accidental that gets left in the cut. When the kids are leaving the construction site the fat kid legit trips over the rollers in the hallway. It's the 1 trip you can tell wasn't scripted.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
I liked it, and I normally do t like zombie flicks. I agree with most of the comments, too many characters died off too early, and there should have been more half zombies.

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
I enjoyed this :obama:

I wouldn’t mind if there was a season 2 but I wouldn’t be mad if they end it here :ehh:

One of the few things that annoyed me was when their friends started slowly turning into the zombies they would just stand there and watch like
:ohhh::picard::gucci::dwillhuh::mjtf::patrice::what::merchant:

And I would be yelling at the screen like “BRUH BASH THEIR fukkING HEADS IN :damn:!!!”

:mjgrin:

I almost trimmed the show over this.:francis:

Waiting like a whole minute just watching the zombie twitch on the ground, then they keep staring at it after the zombie gets up still twitching. :hhh:

Zime

Superstar
Daps
Just finished this. It’s actually crazy that apart from the main antagonist, it took most of them a while to figured out how to properly immobilise the zombies. Like they never aimed for the brain or some shyt.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just finished this. It’s actually crazy that apart from the main antagonist, it took most of them a while to figured out how to properly immobilise the zombies. Like they never aimed for the brain or some shyt.
Lol zombie movies are like batman movies. Every movie muhfukkas are learning that zombies are a thing for the first time. Every batman movie you have to see Bruce's origin story.

Zime

Superstar
Daps
And did they really have to grant Gwi-nam his wish and take the eye after they already intended to kill off ol’boy any way.
:stopitslime:

The writers making us think he was going to spare that archer dude.
:gucci:

I was hoping that fukker didn’t make it that far into the episodes his death wasn’t satisfying enough.

And the guys that got eaten by that half-zombie chick. I would have offered someone else up instead.
:huhldup:

Last edited:

March Madness

All Star
Daps
Just finished this lol
watched with sub-titles, learned everybody name

Big ass school.
Min-Eun-Ji cute for a Korean bytch

Rooftop nikka deserved everything he got
that was the first time in a long time i got mad watching TV.

made it to the end mainly wanting to see the Science Teacher again,
im curious to see what the originator of the virus would be like as a Hybrid Zombie

i'll give it a 3.5/5...leans too much on romance for me.
Sweet Home was more about monsters and actual survival from what i remember.
All Of Us Are Dead has higher production values, but i liked Sweet Home a little more.