Nerdy black girls: Do you ever feel like...

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I have a very hard time believing you are someones second choice then unless you are less than appeasing to the eye.

Nerdy women are highly sought after and many men dream of having one. Being black makes you even more of a rarity.

Maybe you are disregarding or plain not interested in men who want you as there number one choice
I'm a man. I have a nerdy black gf. I'm just asking a question.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a very hard time believing you are someones second choice then unless you are less than appeasing to the eye.

Nerdy women are highly sought after and many men dream of having one. Being black makes you even more of a rarity.

Maybe you are disregarding or plain not interested in men who want you as there number one choice

Pretty women are highly sought after. You've said it in this post but because you consider prettiness to be a given when talking about sought after female mates, you act like guys are choosing women to approach based solely on their personality attributes and hobbies. We all know this isn't true. The same isn't for women either, but people don't default the attractive part, and that's how the lie that women don't like "nerdy" men or "nice" guys, begins. This happens with a lot of guys on here who bemoan women's mate selection (although I realize this thread isn't about that).

Anyway I consider myself nerd-like, but I don't think I was my man's second choice. I think we met each other at the right time.

EpicStoryTeller

Blazé Blazé
Daps
Reppin
Morioh
I know but look at the ratio of males to females.
All the women there are either old as fck or look like they're suffering from lack of confidence. On top of that it's overrun with men, and with that being said the nerdy black girl argument that nobody is checking for them becomes moot

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
I don't know if I would be considered a nerd.

Growing up, I was extremely shy and socially awkward, especially when it came to the opposite sex.

With that said, to my shy ass dismay, I never had a problem with finding someone who wanted to be with me. Whether it was a "nerd", an athlete, the quiet introvert, etc. I mostly attract extroverts. I'm told that I'm "mysterious" and folks want to find out more about me. (I'm just quiet and an introvert)

I find that I don't click with introverts because they expect me to read their minds, where an extrovert makes his intentions known.

ETA
Me too
Are you a scorpio?

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
Oh I guess black girl nerds aren't being overlooked huh?
I don't consider myself a nerd. Plain Jane, sure. I still don't understand what makes someone be considered a nerd, male or female. I'm an average, everyday woman with a positive attitude. Your attitude and confidence goes a long way when attracting the opposite sex.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I don't consider myself a nerd. Plain Jane, sure. I still don't understand what makes someone be considered a nerd, male or female. I'm an average, everyday woman with a positive attitude. Your attitude and confidence goes a long way when attracting the opposite sex.
Nerd in terms of interests sis.