Nerdy black girls: Do you ever feel like...

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
I don't know if I would be considered a nerd.

Growing up, I was extremely shy and socially awkward, especially when it came to the opposite sex.

With that said, to my shy ass dismay, I never had a problem with finding someone who wanted to be with me. Whether it was a "nerd", an athlete, the quiet introvert, etc. I mostly attract extroverts. I'm told that I'm "mysterious" and folks want to find out more about me. (I'm just quiet and an introvert)

I find that I don't click with introverts because they expect me to read their minds, where an extrovert makes his intentions known.

ETA

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Idk if I'm a nerd, I'm random & weird :patrice: I guess that makes me a nerd. :laff: but do i feel like 2nd choice? Yeah, but the dummy who passed him up missed out &now he's all mine!!
giphy.gif

Hahahahaha now she got egg on her face & I can be like :umad:

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
I don't know if I would be considered a nerd.

Growing up, I was extremely shy and socially awkward, especially when it came to the opposite sex.

With that said, to my shy ass dismay, I never had a problem with finding someone who wanted to be with me. Whether it was a "nerd", an athlete, the quiet introvert, etc. I mostly attract extroverts. I'm told that I'm "mysterious" and folks want to find out more about me. (I'm just quiet and an introvert)

I find that I don't click with introverts because they expect me to read their minds, where an extrovert makes his intentions known.

ETA
sounds like me:ehh:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Yup. Being small and slim definitely didn't help. Most guys my age are looking for T&A. I just sit in the corner with my book, phone or computer.

One guy told me he wanted someone else. He was an very oblivious a$$hole.

It just made me :leostare: at dudes who approached me because I couldn't see why they were giving me attention. Now, im older and my self-confidence is higher, I think guy are attracted to that and want a seemingly nice girl after they're tired chasing ass.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Yup. Being small and slim definitely didn't help. Most guys my age are looking for T&A. I just sit in the corner with my book, phone or computer.

One guy told me he wanted someone else. He was an very oblivious a$$hole.

It just made me :leostare: at dudes who approached me because I couldn't see why they were giving me attention. Now, im older and my self-confidence is higher, I think guy are attracted to that and want a seemingly nice girl after they're tired chasing ass.
Sorry to hear this . Sounds like we had similar issues. But we're different genders

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
A dudes second choice? Like someone gave you the time of day only cause the well ran dry? Like someone is only with you cause they had their fun and now want something stable. I ask cause I'm curious.
They are depending on what types of dudes they are into. Similar to nice guys if they stay in their lane they'll be ok if not chances are they'll be second/third choices. People have to stay in their lanes period male/female unless you banking on being an outlier.